|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The main character and hero of the game. The catch is that you play as four Links in these games, but his/their destiny is the same as always. With the Four Sword/s in hand/s, he/they set out to Save the Princess and defeat the evil double.
- Always Save the Girl: Princess Zelda of course.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: When he fights alongside the other three Links.
- Bash Brothers: Sometimes with the other Links, Shadow Link/s.
- The Chosen Zero: In the manga, the other Links will challenge his right to be the leader.
- Cute Shotaro Boy
- Eleventh-Hour Superpower: The Four Sword.
- Implausible Fencing Powers
- Me's a Crowd
- You Are Not Alone
Princess Zelda is Link's love interest, and Barrier Maiden of the Kingdom of Hyrule. She also serves as the emotional support and inspiration for the Links.
- Designated Victim: No surprise here.
- Distressed Damsel: Kidnapped before the end of the opening cinematic, again! That's got to be a record.
- Hair of Gold
- The Heart
- Guest Star Party Member: For the Final Battle
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Light'Em Up: In the form of an Energy Ball
- Light Is Good: Slightly subverted in her talks with Shadow Link in the manga. She said that darkness doesn't have to be bad.
- MacGuffin Girl
Created by the powers of the Four Sword. In the manga, Red is the childlike innocent member of the group.
- The Heart: In that he's the embodiment of Link's gentle nature.
- Hero Worshipper: To anyone who saves him from danger, unfortunately.
- Keet: Let's see. He's short, cute, cries and smiles frequently, and his tunic is a very bright red.
- Butt Monkey: He often gets hit on the head with Blue's hammer.
Created by the powers of the Four Sword. In the manga, Blue is the Hot-Blooded arrogant member of the group.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He always seems to end up rescuing Red Link.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- The Lancer
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Only he's not so tall. Don't tell him that!
Created by the powers of the Four Sword. In the manga adaptation, Vio is The Stoic and smart guy of the group.
- Cry for the Devil: He was the first to feel sympathy for Shadow Link.
- Defrosting Ice King
- The Smart Guy
- The Stoic
The Seven Maidens
These young women maintain the seal of the Four Sword that keeps Vaati sealed.
- Barrier Maiden
- Distressed Damsel: All of them.
- Our Fairies Are Different: They could transform into fairy forms to guide Link once they where freed.
- Fairy Companion
- MacGuffin Girl
- No Name Given
Vaati is a powerful Evil Sorcerer in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventure. Eventually, it's discovered that he is a pawn in Ganon's master plan.
- Blow You Away
- The Dragon
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Sorcerer
- Faceless Eye
- The Pawn
- Sealed Evil in a Can: He starts out sealed in the Four Sword.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: When Vaati is defeated for the (presumed) final time and the Palace of Winds is collapsing, Ganon's reaction to his defeat is disgust that Vaati is unable to defeat the four heroes.
Link's Doppelgänger in Four Swords Adventure. His character was given more depth in the manga adaption. At first, he seemed to be Link's complete opposite. He tricks Link into retrieving the Four Sword in both the game and the manga.
- Berserk Button: "Don't ever mock the shadows! You think they're weak and insubstantial!!""
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Deadpan Snarker: In the manga.
- The Heavy
- Evil Twin: In the manga, it's explained that he is the literal shadow of Link given physical form.
- Freudian Excuse: In the manga, it's revealed that he is angry at Link for not being noticed.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: In the manga, after Zelda tries to be nice to him and gets kidnapped AGAIN. He disguises himself as Violet/Vio and leads the others to her. When they're ambushed, he takes matters into his own hands and smashes the Dark Mirror himself, knowing full well what that will do to him (see Redemption Equals Death below).
- Living Shadow
- Redemption Equals Death: In the manga, his breaking of the Dark Mirror causes his own death.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: In the game, he is made up of soldiers from inside the Dark Mirror.
- Slasher Smile: Has a really creepy one in the manga.
The Reincarnation of an ancient evil who rises once again using the Trident of Power.
- Big Bad
- Bigger Bad: To Vaati and Shadow Link.
- Black Sheep: To the Gerudo people who expelled him from their tribe when he stole the Trident. Possibly justified, as the Hyrule Historia officially places it in the Child Timeline where the events of Twilight Princess and the failed Gerudo invasion occurred and the Gerudo did not want to repeat that tragedy again.
- Blade on a Stick
- Evil Weapon: The Trident of Power which led the newest Ganondorf along his Start of Darkness.
- Magic Mirror: Which he used to create Shadow Link.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Pig Man