|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
The Last Scandal of My Life (Hangeul: 내 생애 마지막 스캔들)
Song Jae Bin is a famous movie actor, managed by his brother Jang Dong Hwa, and living the good life as a 32-year old star. He decides to contact his first love, Hong Sun Hee, out of the blue. It turns out, she is a married housewife with a angsty teenage daughter, a philandering husband, a pushy mother-in-law and a lot of debt.
This series contains the following examples:
- Can't Spit It Out: Dong Chul alternately coddles and badgers Sun Hee, without telling her he likes her.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Dong Hwa, who keeps tabs and takes care of both Dong Chul and Sun Hee.
- Door Step Baby: Hoon was left with Dong Hwa, who isn't his biological father.
- Hopeless Suitor: Sun Hee never paid attention to Dong Hwa's attempt to catch her interest.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Fashionable: Dong Chul pays for salon treatments, Lasik surgery, and branded clothes for Sun Hee.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Dong Chul who evolves to a much better person.
- Paparazzi: They buzz like flies over all aspects of Jae Bin's life.
- Precocious Crush: Ji Min has a crush on Dong Chul, mostly of a Fan Girl nature, but quickly drops it once she finds out his real age.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Sun Hee, without glasses and frizzy hair.
- Shout-Out: Sun Hee has a "Cinderella"-esque dream complete with midnight ending and a mysterious prince.
- Sibling Triangle:
- Sleep Cute: Dong Chul and Sun Hee, after her eye surgery.
- Spit Take:
- That Man Is Dead: Song Jae Bin talks about "Jang Dong Chul" as if he's another person.
- Title Drop: The Last Scandal" is the name of a cologne Jae Bin is modeling for. Also, the reporters at the final fan meeting mention the title as well.
- Two Guys and a Girl: Both brothers secretly like Sun Hee.