|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The Last Days of Foxhound contains a very large number of these, but the standout one surely has to be where Liquid beats the living crap out of Grey Fox with a whacking great hole in his chest induced by a sudden attack of sword.
Liquid: The fuck are you lookin' at, chief?
- Starting here, and ending here, Ocelot handing Mantis the most devastating defeat of his life using nothing but his silver tongue, while simultaneously revealing that every time Mantis thought he had the upper hand, Ocelot was actually playing him like a true Magnificent Bastard. Also notable for what is possibly the best comeback ever:
Mantis: I mean, you must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Ocelot: (shrug) Practice.
- Of course, this is immediately followed by Mantis' moment, a rage-and-hate-filled homicidal rampage.
Mantis: I'm torching everything that moves and almost everything that doesn't.
Mantis: Why not?
- Raven disposing of the team's latest target by shooting him in the face. With a tank.
- Raven may also deserve one for staring down Big Boss when he was possessing Liquid's body, knowing that the guy could probably tear him to pieces in hand to hand combat if things got started up. And Raven still stood his ground until the tranq finally kicked in. Cue the Post Dramatic Stress Disorder.
Raven: That took waaaaaaaaaaay too damn long.
- Sniper Wolf's introduction:
Ocelot: So you made all that up, right?
Wolf: You vant I should vaste a bullet?
- Ocelot proving he is, indeed, the better shot.
- Nano Jackal approaches Ocelot's level of marksmanship when, faced with two armed soldiers, she kills one by bouncing a bullet off his partner's gun before shooting the partner himself. Bad. Fucking. ASS.
- Of all people, Decoy Octopus gets one when Liquid's spirit enters his body to fight with Big Boss.
- The mirror match between Liquid and Big Boss.
- With special mention to the transformation of Liquid to a true Magnificent Bastard. Here in all its glory.
- Freakin' Otacon gets one when he courageously acts as a human shield, risking his life to save dogs.
- Just fuckin' with him.