|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Boy meets girl. Girl rejects boy. Boy runs off suspiciously fast. Girl follows boy, finds girl she's never seen before crying in an alley...wearing boy's clothes...with suspiciously similar features...
It turns out that the boy, Jules, (due to his mother being Touched by Vorlons) changes sex spontaneously whenever distraught (m>f) or agitated (f>m), and that the girl, Nadia, is a closeted lesbian. Nadia realizes who Jules is fairly quickly, but finds her female form hot enough not to care, especially with his secret being an incentive not to out her. They have sex in the alley, and start a secret relationship, Nadia pretending not to know.
The first chapter can be read for free, but you'll have to pay for the rest.
This series contains examples of:
- All Just a Dream (A few times, after sequences like Jules being gangraped by Nadia's friends. Unfortunately, this leaves him thinking it's a dream when Nadia tells him she knows.)
- Blackmail (Poor Jules...)
- Butt Monkey (Jules.)
- Cannot Spit It Out (If Nadia had admitted to her friends she was gay and to Jules that she knew her secret, a lot of things could have been avoided.)
- First Law of Gender Bending (Jules sees himself as male, but since the focus is his relationship with Nadia, especially when he thought she didn't know, we pretty much always see him/her as a girl - since moving in with her, he seems to have pretty much gone female full-time, including taking jobs in female form.)
- Also, a running plot thread of Momo Impact of an alien who turns any man who gets too close permanently female is revisited by Jules's mother.
- Gender Bender (Jules, of course. And his mother... and father.)
- Gender Blender Name (Actually "Julian" and "Juliet," but pretty much everyone calls both "Jules.")
- Hermaphrodite (Apparently what happens when Jules gets the flu.)
- Hoist by her own Blackmailing: when Vivian accidentally refers to Jules as Julius while he's in his female form, after he and Nadia have come clean to eachother, Nadia starts asking her some questions. It does not end well for the blackmailer.
- If It's You It's Okay: In the beginning, Jules is rather ashamed of his female self, and only acknowledges it to have a relationship with Nadia. Eventually becomes an aversion, as he apparently becomes far more comfortable as a woman. played straight with Nadia in the end, though; she's a lesbian because she finds male genitalia repulsive, but once she and Jules admit their secrets to one another, she says she might try to make an exception if Jules wants to have sex with her in his male form.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting (Jules, based on emotion; his father, similarly; and his mother, permanently, before he was born.)
- Jumping the Gender Barrier (The entire premise, as well as the story of Jules's birth.)
- Kick the Dog: pretty much everything Vivian does to Jules after she finds out about his condition.
- Love Makes You Crazy / Evil / Psycho Lesbian : again, Vivian - she's the reason that Nadia doesn't want anyone to know about her lesbianism, as she started pretending to like boys just so that Vivian would stop being so psychotically possessive of her. when Vivian finds out that Jules is using his girl half to get close to Nadia, she starts blackmailing him into being her sex slave with the threat of telling Nadia about it. This ends badly for Vivian when she lets slip to Nadia that she knows of Jules' male half after Nadia and Jules have opened up to each other, and is caught without an excuse.
- Murder the Hypotenuse (Or at least blackmail and sexually torture the hypotenuse.)
- Peek-a-Bangs: Nadia.
- Porn with Plot (It's Slipshine, what do you expect?)
- Lampshaded after a flashback, when Jules asks his mother if she had to go into "so much detail" about his/her conception.
- Power Perversion Potential (Again, Slipshine.)
- Really Gets Around: Jules' mom has a very active sex life for a single mother, at one point actually trying to set up Jules with one of her past conquests. all the more surprising, since she was born a guy.
- Touched by Vorlons (Jules's mother, the cause of his condition.)
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Jules' female form is almost identical in appearance to his mother. appearance isn't the only thing they have in common.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting (Jules has learned self-control to this point, except, of course, when it's most inconvenient.)