|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Jonas Brothers are a band of Teen Idols discovered by Disney. Contrary to popular belief they were not manufactured by Disney, initially. They toured independently as a Christian Rock/Pop Rock band with their father as their manager before getting signed to Columbia records in 2005 and releasing their first album, It's About Time, which was not widely recognized. In 2007 after dropping Columbia they got signed by Hollywood Records and absorbed by the Disney corporation. There are three Jonas brothers, Kevin, Joe and Nick. (Other spots in the music are filled by studio musicians or tape decks.)
They have appeared on the American Music Awards, American Idol, and Dancing With The Stars.
- It's About Time (2006)
- Jonas Brothers (2007)
- A Little Bit Longer (2008)
- Lines, Vines and Trying Times (2009)
- Adam Westing: Every single thing they have other done has had them play rock star brothers. Plus most have a cameo for their littlest brother and their bodyguard.
- Bowdlerization: They did a cover of "Year 3000" by Busted which removed the (negligible to the point of non-existence) bad language.
- In the song Paranoid the original line is, "I'm taking all the doctor's meds, I'm still freaking out." The radio edit goes, "Can't hear the thoughts inside my head, I'm still freaking out."
- Cash Cow Franchise
- The Casanova: Nick Jonas fits this to a T.
- Joe also to an extent, maybe more
- Christian Rock: Their pre-Disney independent work was a mixture of Christian pop-rock and covers of some pop-punk songs.
- Disney Channel: Broadcasts their TV series.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In the song Poison Ivy, they sing, "Everybody gets that itch, everybody hates that..." with a noticeable pause between lyrics. Guess what word rhymes with itch?
- Isn't It Ironic?: They covered "My Name Is Jonas" simply because it had the name Jonas in it.
- No Sex Allowed: At least until marriage. Probably a smart career move since most of their fanbase is Jail Bait.
- Production Posse: Anything with them in it will also feature their little brother Frankie and their bodyguard Big Rob.
- Real Person Fic: Tons and tons. It's the reason fanfiction.net doesn't have a Jonas section
- The Man Is Sticking It to the Man - their most recent (2009) album.
- The Moral Substitute
- Teen Idol
- Who Is This Guy Again?: Kevin is nowhere near as famous as the other two.
- Yoko Oh No: When Miley Cyrus and later Selena Gomez dated Nick (And even later Delta Goodrem) and when Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift dated Joe. Oddly enough, there wasn't a whole lot of this trope in play when the oldest, Kevin, got married in 2009.