The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternative Character Interpretation: In the early videos, the Joker admits to having mental issues, whereas in The Dark Knight, the Joker does not like being called "crazy".
- The Joker's portrayal in the blogs is a lot more sardonic than even the Nolan version, which already took the Joker in a more sour direction.
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: The teaser for Season 2.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: At one point, the Joker and some other people are in a car. In between some deadly serious seconds of footage, there's a brief scene in which Mister J insists on singing "Juh-juh-juh-Joker face, Juh-juh-Joker face." And that's the last the viewer will ever hear of such songs.
- Continuity Porn: The news ticker for Episode 18 is an uninterrupted, unapologetic string of Mythology Gags, so much so that it can distract you from the main video.
- Crazy Awesome: The man himself, as well as the series overall.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Just like the movie that inspired it, so it's become a given.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: The series as a whole pretty much functions as such.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Several.
- The end of the Joker's hypnotherapy session with Dr. Hugo Strange.
- "If this works, and I wake up, and my pants are off..."
- "This is Steve. Say hi, Steve."
- "...He's shy."
- "And here's a lovely picture of your wife...I'm in the wrong office."
- "Wake up! Go to sleep!"
- The end of #15; Arkham sputtering that there was a shotgun in the trunk the whole time they've been riding around. Including when he was in there.
- After escaping the Joker in Episode 16, Dr. Arkham wildly runs to a cop car he encounters while running through the streets. His exasperated reaction when he sees who's driving the car is just priceless.
- Episode 17: Jack Ryder's "interview" with Father McHale. "Are you lookin' at her chest?"
- Also in 17; "Is that video still up? Damn you, 4479!"
- Several in Episode 15, as well as everything Theodore the Bum says.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Well, more like Crowning Moment of Terrifying - The Hall Of The Mountain King in Episode 12, for some reason, is far more terrifying than the Hans Zimmer Joker theme used incidentally throughout.
- Fangirls: If you read the comments on the videos, be prepared to either laugh hysterically or weep in fear for humanity. Or both. Especially on Episode 5.
- Fanon: With the likely absence of any Nolan-affiliated reprisal of the role any time soon, many fans have come to the see the videos as utterly plausible continuations to the story of the movie...to the point of the still-unidentified "Mr. J" actor garnering dead-serious commentary that he should be chosen as the actual movie successor to Ledger himself.
- cough Scott McClure cough
- Fetish Fuel: The Joker eating an apple in episode 6. Just look at the comments!
- Fan Bonus: For the sheer amount of Shout Outs to other Batman continuities.
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Some of Joker's acts (especially in episodes 12 and 14) are downright terrifying.
- * Les Yay: It was a given that Miss Quinzel and Miss Isley would have a little thing going on.
- Narm: In episode 5 with Dr. Strange:
"You son of a beetch! How do you know zees things?!!
- Probably played up deliberately.
- Squick: Again, several examples.
- The Joker mentions that he once bit off a guard's finger in order to get the necessary red for his lipstick. Since then, he hasn't had any problems getting the staff to provide him with the makeup he wants.
- The Joker leaving a dead orderly with a bow and a label as a present for Dr. Quinzel.
- The Joker has a large white bow on the same shotgun he takes into the wedding - another of his gifts. When he pumps it, the bow falls off.
- The Digital Download has some deleted scenes, including Dr. Arkham, having an understandable adverse reaction to the events of the night, getting a really horrible Vomit Indiscretion Shot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.