|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Invisible Man tells the story of an encounter the people of a sleepy town have with a mysterious newcomer who conceals himself entirely with bandages. The townspeople grow ever curious at the secretive, dangerously short-tempered man and his experiments. Frustrated by the inquisitive nature of the locals, the man goes into a rage, tears away his bandages, and reveals to the people that he is in fact completely invisible.
From this point on, the story follows the invisible man's trail of destruction and terror across the land as he attempts to either find a cure for his condition or take over the country (whichever is more likely).
- Ax Crazy: Griffin.
- Bandaged Face: Griffin's disguise.
- Chemistry Can Do Anything
- Dancing Pants
- Dying as Yourself: Griffin's sanity returns as he dies, and he also becomes visible again.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: Kemp's car explodes when it goes over a cliff.
- Harbinger of Impending Doom
- Invisible Streaker
- Large Ham: Griffin, so very much.
- Laughing Mad: When Griffin reveals his invisibility to the villagers of Iping, he adds some laughter to it to truly shock them.
- Literal Ass-Kicking: When the police try to capture Griffin at Kemp's house, he gives one of them a kick on the rear.
- Outside Ride
- Professor Guinea Pig
- Screaming Woman: Any excuse and Mrs. Hall is screaming like crazy.
- Star-Making Role: For Claude Rains
- This Was His True Form: Griffin becomes visible again upon his death.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity