|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The scene where Frozone is looking for his super suit.
"Honey! Where's my super-suit?"
"Where. Is. My. Super. Suit?"
"Why do you need to know?"
"I need it!"
"Uh uh! Don't you even think of runnin' off and doing no derring-do! We've been planning this dinner for two months!"
"The public is in danger!"
"My evening's in danger!"
"YOU TELL ME WHERE MY SUIT IS, WOMAN! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GREATER GOOD!"
"GREATER GOOD?!? I AM YOUR WIFE!!! I'M THE GREATEST GOOD YOU ARE EVER GON' GET!!!!!!"
- Every single thing the kid on the tricycle says. Special points to this one:
Kid: That was totally wicked!
- Mr. Incredible's and Frozone's argument during the fire, after Frozone fails to convince him to go bowling instead of rescuing civilians:
Mr. Incredible: Can't you put this out?
Frozone: I can't lay down a layer thick enough! It's evaporating too fast!
Mr. Incredible: What's that mean?
Frozone: It means IT'S HOT! And I'm dehydrated, Bob!
Mr. Incredible: You're out of ice?! You can't run out of ice! I thought you could use the water in the air!
Frozone: There IS no water in this air! What's your excuse? You run out of muscle?!
Mr. Incredible: I can't just go smashing through walls! The building's getting weaker by the second! It's gonna come down right on top of us!
Frozone: I WANTED TO GO BOWLING!
- And before that, their Lampshading of the tendency of bad guys to monologue.
Frozone: So, now I'm in real trouble. One more blast of this death ray and I'm an epitaph. Somehow, I manage to find cover, and what does Baron von Ruthless do?
Mr. Incredible: (chuckles) Let me guess...He starts monologuing.
Frozone: He starts monologuing! He starts, like, this prepared speech about how feeble I am compared to him, how inevitable my defeat is, how the world will soon be his! Yadda yadda yadda.
Mr. Incredible: Yammering.
Frozone: Yammering! I mean, the guy has me on a platter, and he won't shut up!
- Which turns into a Brick Joke in a later scene between Mr. Incredible and Syndrome.
Syndrome: Now you respect me, because I'm a threat. Turns out there are a lot of people who want respect, and they'll pay through the nose to get it. How do you think I got rich? I invented weapons, and now I have a weapon only I can control and- [gets cut off as Mr. Incredible throws a tree trunk at him. He dodges and freezes Mr. Incredible in place.] You sly dog! You got me monologuing, I can't believe... [chuckles]
- The montage of heroes who had... bad luck with capes.
Edna: NO CAPES!
- Edna Mode.
Helen: (through teeth) You know... Elastigirl?
- "Edna Mode." <WCHACK> (BFG pops out of the ceiling and tracks Helen's head) "And guest." <WCHUNK> (BFG goes away)
- "...and call me when you get back, darling, I enjoy our visits."
- "My God, you've gotten fat."
- The best part about that line is that it comes after Bob's big work-out-slim-down montage.
- "...and machine-washable, dahling, that's a new feature."
- Edna hitting Helen with a rolled up newspaper while saying "My God, pull. Yourself. Together!"
- After the action opening sequence with Bomb Voyage:
Police Officer: Wait, you mean you didn't catch him?
Mr. Incredible: Yeah, Skippy here made sure of that.
Mr. Incredible: YOU'RE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ME!
- And who could forget?
Bomb Voyage: Et ton costume est complètement ridicule!
- Plus this family exchange:
Violet: The only normal one is Jack-Jack, and he's not even toilet-trained!
Dash: Lucky. (Helen gives him an odd look) I mean, about being normal.
- "Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl?" (laughs, then looks at the kids) "Oh, and got BIZZAY!"
- Mr. Incredible's and Frozones Riff Trax to their cartoon short:
Mr. Incredible: I was told it was a new process!
Frozone: And what would that new process be, Mr. I? Cheap-o-rama?
- And the first appearance of Frozone...
Frozone: Wait, is that me? I'm white...they made me a white guy?!
Mr Incredible: You're... black-ish.
Frozone: They made me a white guy!
Mr Incredible: Well, maybe the print's faded. You're tanned... ish.
Frozone: Oh, oh, oh, I get caught. The black superhero gets caught.
Mr Increcible: Well, a minute ago, you were complaining they made you white!
Frozone: Oh, that's right... the tanned superhero gets caught!
- And then...
Frozone: DID YOU OKAY THE RABBIT?!
Mr Incredible: I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RABBIT, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GOT THE RABBIT!
Frozone: WELL SOMEBODY OKAYED THE RABBIT!
- "The rabbit is cuddly! Kids like little, cuddly sidekicks. I mean... the rabbit... it's a time tested... okay, the rabbit bites."
- After escaping the volcano, the kids spend the night out in the jungle. In the morning, Dash wakes up first...and realizes with disgust that he's cuddled up with Violet in his sleep.
- Don't put your hands on the roof of your car. Especially when you have super-strength.
- The guards in the mobile van that the family steals are watching a TV with the Omnidroid destroying Metroville, while sipping a bottle of champagne.
"Alright, every time they run, we take a shot!"
- Bob and Helen arguing over which exit to take when the Winnebago lands on the freeway after launching from one of Syndrome's rockets.
- And of course, even superhero families on their way to save the day have this time-honoured long-drive exchange...
Dash: Are We There Yet?
Bob: We get there when we get there!
- At the end of the movie, Dash is finally able to try out for track, and his family is on the bleachers cheering him on... and warning him not to run too fast. The look on the other parents' faces as they listen to the Parrs' instructions of "Make it second! A close second!" is priceless.
- Nearly the entire conversation between Bob and Mr. Huph.
Bob: Did I do something illegal?
Huph: (through gritted teeth) Nnnnno...
Bob: Are you saying that we shouldn't help our customers?
Huph: The law requires that I answer 'no'...
- In a display of literally superhuman self-control, it takes Huph being callously dismissive of and then openly mocking the victim of a mugging before Bob throws him through five walls and into a filing cabinet. He's several times the size of Huph, but it's still really cathartic (and hilarious). One of the commentaries talks about how the guy who animated it seemed to be working out an issue or two.
- For this troper, the funniest part of that was the squeak that Huph makes when he hits the floor.
- After Helen rescues Bob and they're running through the jungle looking for the kids while arguing.
Bob: I should have told you about being fired, I admit it, but I didn't want you to worry.
Helen: You didn't want me to worry?! And now we're running for our lives through some forsaken jungle...
Bob: (grinning at her) You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive!
- "I am Syndrome! Your nemesis! And... (inadvertently throws Mr. Incredible out of sight) oh, brilliant."
- The entirety of the Jack-Jack short. Of note is Syndrome's appearance near the end.
- He's extremely polite when he finds a (more-than-slightly deranged-looking) Kari, and the whole conversation is one long CMOF.
Syndrome: Is this the...Parr's residence?
Kari: HA-HA! YES! I'M KARI, THE BABY(twitch)SITTER!
Syndrome: Uh... Hello, Kari... I'm, ah...
Kari: YOU'RE MY REPLACEMENT! THANK HEAVENS YOU'VE COME! (Beat) ...What does the "S" stand for?
Syndrome: (fumbling) For...sitter! Yeah, sitter. Originally I was going to have the initials for "Babysitter", but...then I'd be going around wearing a big BS, and (chuckle) you understand why I couldn't go with that.
- In her interview, Mr. Dicker lampshaded her acceptance of the flimsy explanation:
Mr. Dicker: And you believed him.
Kari: THE BABY WAS EXPLODING! YOU EVER SIT AN EXPLODING BABY, MR. DICKER?!
- "Easy Helen, easy. Easy, girl. You're overreacting. Everything's fine. They're just...all getting coffee. At the same time. Yeah."
- Even though Jack-Jack's transformation from fiery baby to metal baby to monster is HONF, Syndrome's priceless look and high-pitched scream before Jack-Jack begins beating him up is funny.