The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- And the Fandom Rejoiced: At the news that Edward Norton would be playing the Hulk. Tim Roth as Blonsky went down pretty well too.
- "Hulk Smash!"
- Ax Crazy: Abomination, by the end.
- Even Better Sequel: Quite a few fans liked this version a lot more than Ang Lee's. Though, as always, Your Mileage will certainly vary.
- Fridge Brilliance: Hulk, while a tough cookie, isn't shown to be as unstoppable as he normally is. While it can be argued that this makes his conflicts more interesting, its interesting to note that this is explained in story. Banner has been working on a cure while in South America, and recent testing revealed that the gamma within him is much lower, possibly explaining the Hulk's limited strength.
- In Captain America the First Avenger, it's revealed that the super soldier serum strenghtens the user's main personality trait. In that movie, Captain America's heroism was increased and Red Skull's evilness was increased. In this movie, Blonsky's willingness to fight slowly turns into full on Blood Knight tendencies, combined with Drunk on the Dark Side.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- At one point, Doc Samson mentions that it's a point of pride with him that he can always tell when someone is lying. Emil Blonsky's actor, Tim Roth, later went on to play someone who could do just that in Lie to Me.
- Also, Edward Norton previously played the Narrator of Fight Club, and if you know the ending of that film...
- Straw Man Has a Point: Ross' "(Banner)'s whole body is the property of the US Army" speech smacks of him needing to be smacked in the jaw by Captain America. Except the Hulk is a Person of Mass Destruction of US Army construction, and it's thus their responsibility to make sure it doesn't go off in a populated area. And turning it around again, Ross recruited Banner despite knowing that Banner was a Technological Pacifist who would not knowingly participate in Super Soldier research.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.