The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternate Character Interpretation - "Black Haruka". She wields a katana!
- Two words: Home Haruka. Said to be the real Haruka's mentally retarded cousin.
- Some fans jokingly theorize that Haruka had deliberately set up the situation in Episode 23 to cause the Producer to fall.
- Ear Worm - So, so many of the songs. Especially if you know the dances that go with them.
- GO MY WAY!! is particularly notable.
- As are some of the BGM tunes during the interaction scenes.
- Special mention to Loadingu, Loadingu...
- Fan Nickname - "Broducer" for the anime version of the Producer.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: In the Anime series, Azusa becomes an idol just to get more attention to find her destined man. But in real life, a female idol who looks for a man as her love life is considered a scandal. This also applies to Miki, who has a crush on the Producer.
- Kick the Dog: See Moral Event Horizon below.
- Most Annoying Sound: This here loading screen.
- Memetic Mutation:
- There is the てってってー (Te Te Tee) meme from Nico Video, where remixes of all different sorts are done with a BGM song from THE IDOLM@STER, as well as the popular trend of putting the choreography of the dances (Usually the most popular ones.) to different songs.
- Due to the popularity of iDOLM@STER in Japan, Sony offered a Haruka "skin" for avatars in Playstation Home. The resultant skin, really intended like a plastic mask for the avatar, fell so forcefully into the Uncanny Valley that "Home Haruka-san" (as she's been dubbed) has become a minor meme on Nico Nico, particularly in the Vocaloid fandom where the 3D choreography program "Miku Miku Dance" is readily available. Home Haruka-san should be treated with the same amount of fear and respect as you would give Michael Meyers.
- "Are you ready? I'm LADY!"
- Yukiho's Catch Phrase ("I'll go bury myself!") soon becomes a meme about Yukiho's extraordinary to dig holes on every surface, as well as the ability to summon shovels from Hammerspace. Somehow ascended in episode 15 of the anime, where she (as a Super Robot) has drills and an obsession to dig through stuff.
- Kuroi also got one thanks to his nonsensical sense of board game: "CHECKMATE!"
- Narm - In the anime, Kuroi seems to have a fetish on chess, Go, etc and likes making up things to make Check Mate (and says it out loud)... until you realize that he's just arranging the pieces into some shapes he likes rather than making an actual checkmate situation... Clearly the man knows nothing about the board games he plays.
- The Scrappy :
- Jupiter. Ye gods, Jupiter. Then again, this is expected when the series up to their debut consists entirely of female idols (except for Ryo) and Most Gamers Are Male.
- Despite his status as the Nice Guy, the producer in the Anime adaptation (also known as AkabaneP) may be considered a hindrance for a VERY few anti-self-insert/Yuri fans that prefer to ship the idols to each other instead.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat - Makoto is most commonly paired with either Miki or Yukiho. They are depicted as rivals in many MADs.
- Tastes Like Diabetes - It's a game about J Pop, so quite a few of the songs. The spinoff manga "Puchimasu!" probably qualifies too.
- Dear GOD, the preschoolers in Episode 24.
- The Woobie - Poor, poor Chihaya-chan. Not only her past is that dark and troubled (for this kind of series' standards anyway), the last moments of anime episode 19 will make you want to hug her... while cursing at Kuroi and scream for his death for what he did to her.
- Haruka becomes this in episode 23, since all of her friends are busy and have no time for her, a show that was suppose to happen gets canceled, and Miki starts viewing Haruka as a rival. The ending makes it worse.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.