|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Iconoclasts is a Metroidvania platformer game by Joachim "Konjak" Sandberg, formerly a Retraux Cave Story-influenced project called Ivory Springs. It is about a society that relies on an energy source named "ivory" which is monopolized by a totalitarian government and linked with a religion centered around a goddess. All practice of mechanical engineering is illegal, but the heroine Robin does it anyways.
The Iconoclasts contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Robin and Mina
- Canon Immigrant: Mina the thief was originally the focus of another konjak project
- Retraux: The Ivory Springs version was very much so, and the newer version still has elements like square flowers.
- Small Girl, Big Gun: Robin wields a massive wrench and Mina wields a massive sword
- Wrench Wench: The heroine, Robin, to the point of having a gigantic wrench that is used for most of the gameplay.