|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
There have been two notable live-action film versions of The Hunchback of Notre Dame:
These films provide examples of:
- A Taste of the Lash: Quasimodo gets flogged in both versions.
- Battering Ram: In both versions, Quasimodo drops a long piece of wood onto the rabble attacking Notre Dame and the rabble use it as an improvised battering ram.
- Counting to Three: In the 1939 version, when confronted with a begger who refuses to pay his share into the common fund, Clopin gives him to the count of three to reconsider -- and stabs him just as he says, "Three."
- Did Not Get the Girl: Quasimodo in both versions.
- The Grotesque: Quasimodo in both versions.
- Historical Domain Character: The 1939 version features King Louis XI of France.
- My Eyes Are Up Here: The 1939 version has sexually frustrated villain Frollo staring at Esmeralda's breasts when they meet for the first time.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Quasimodo in the 1939 version, and Esmerelda in both.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.