|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
2008 Romantic Comedy. Anna Faris is a Playboy Bunny who gets kicked out of the mansion for being too old at the age of 27. With nowhere else to go, she ends up at a sorority house of losers that will lose their charter if they don't attract new pledges. Most of the film's humor comes from taking standard makeover and college sorority tropes and exaggerating them to point of light parody, while still playing them straight.
- All Guys Want Sorority Women
- Alpha Bitch: Phi Iota Mu, and for a time the protagonists.
- Brainless Beauty: Shelly.
- Becoming the Mask: After their makeover, they start to act just like the girls they always hated.
- Beautiful All Along
- Blondes Are Evil: The 'Phi Iota Mu' girls, as well as the house mother.
- Book Dumb: Shelly.
- Chick Flick
- Dumb Blonde: Shelly.
- Eenie Meenie Miny Moai: These are seen at the party, even though the party has an Aztec theme.
- Fan Service: Shelly's naked ass, not even really a joke for it. They just wanted us to see it.
- Gainaxing: Kat Dennings is in this movie.
- The Glasses Got to Go: Natalie's makeover consisted entirely of this, after passing through a very short-lived slutty phase.
- Hollywood Homely: The sorority girls Shelly comes to help
- Hollywood Nerd: Emma Stone, Katherine Mcphee and Kat Dennings are amongst the most egregious examples.
- Keily Williams also counts.
- Insult Backfire
- Marilyn Maneuver: (Parodied) Shelly tries the Marilyn maneuver while standing over an open pothole...and gets severely burned.
- Modesty Towel
- Naked People Are Funny: "I prefer to air dry."
- Need a Hand - or A Handjob?: Inverted when Shelly misunderstands what a cop, who had pulled her over for DUI, means when he asks her to "blow".
- Out Giving Birth Back in Two Minutes: The girl who was pregnant gives birth offscreen as the rest of her sorority fights for recognition...and comes back with her new daughter while still in her hospital bed.
- Playboy Bunny: Title character.
- Rich Bitch: The Phi Iota Mu house.
- Stop Helping Me!: Eventually, the girls say this to Shelly, when they realize that they've become petty like the Phi Iota Mu girls. Then they start to miss having her around, and invite her back.
- Virgin Sacrifice: Sort of. A virgin is selected to be sent down a slide into a vat of warm gelatin for a party.
- The Voiceless: The painfully shy Lily, who communicates via notes. When she does speak, it's to call out the other girls on the monsters they've become. It's also revealed that she's British.