|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Stephanie Meyer book:
- Growing the Beard: This book was much better received, and overall is much better than Meyer's other works, and is perhaps an indication that she can indeed write things other than bad novels about sparkly vampires.
- It Gets Better - Several reviewers have commented that beginning is weaker than the rest of the novel.
- Purity Sue - Wanderer; granted, she's not as egregious an example as Bella, but still. She's honest, sweet-natured, and gentle to a fault, and toward the end she has quite a circle of admirers amongst the human clan. Those who do not admire her either don't know her, or, like Maggie and Sharon, are described as shrewish and hateful. At the end, she even looks the part, and Doc comes dangerously close to pronouncing her Too Good for This Sinful Earth.
- Sci Fi Ghetto: As seen here
- They Copied It, So It Sucks - Mentioning this book in Animorphs or Stargate fan circles is generally a bad idea.
The Korean film:
- Crowning Moment of Awesome:
- When the creature is finally killed.
- Also, Nam-Il gets a Crowning Moment when he has to escape from the office building.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: The scene where the family imagines Hyun-seo is with them and they all feed her.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: In the English voiceover, anime fans may notice Shinji's voice actor as Park Gang-du.
- Nightmare Fuel: Any number of scenes, but in particular when the trapped Hyun-so witnesses the creature regurgitating a very large load of Human bones back down into the sewer.
- Tear Jerker: This is one of the few movies that realizes just how tragic the Attack of the 50 Foot Whatever would be.
- Visual Effects of Awesome: Weta were involved. Bonus points for having a lower budget then District 9 (roughly 10 million in American Dollars).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.