The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- "You is smart. You is kind. You is important."
- At one point eclipsed by Mae Mobley proclaiming Aibileen as "her real mother"!
- Mr. Johnny wondering why Celia Foote isn't happy, and that's all he wants from her. He doesn't care that she can't cook or take care of the house. It turns out it's because Celia's experienced multiple miscarriages.
- Mrs. Phelan encouraging Skeeter to go to New York, on the basis that she's decided not to die of her cancer.
- The flashback with Constantine comforting a teenage Skeeter, who hasn't been asked to a local dance on the basis that she's "ugly".
- The novel's description of her has this make much more sense: she's tall, skinny, and awkward with uncontrollably frizzy hair and sharp features. Her nickname came about because her brother thought she more resembled a mosquito, or skeeter, than a baby when she was born.
- Aibeleen's church shouldering the burden of paying for Yule May's sons to go to college due to the fact that their court expenses were high enough to clean out their college fund.
- One of the female characters being approached by one of the women in town, and though Hilly has been trying to get everyone in town to fire their maids, the woman reveals that she's not going to fire her maid no matter what, because she helped her through a suicidal phase.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.