|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- It's damn difficult to pick a single moment out of The Goon Show's surreality - the series was consistently funny, but "What time is it Eccles?" would be up there.
- With this one right behind:
Bluebottle: Oh, a cocktail. Good health. [Gulps]
- I has taken a look at da quotes here an I tink I likes dem.
- Meta-example: Spike Milligan at the 1994 British Comedy Awards, at the age of seventy-six, after being given his lifetime achievement award ("It's about fucking time.").
Jonathan Ross: I have a letter to read out to you from His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
- In "The String Robberies", we are primed to expect an appearance by Eccles:
[Knocking at a door]
- -- but instead of just one Eccles, we get a whole chorus of them, all singing "Good King Wenceslas" with great feeling.
- For a while, there was a great Running Gag in which Eccles made his first appearance in each episode singing a Paint Your Wagon song with...different lyrics: "I talk to the trees/That's why they put me away..."
- ↑ They were friends in real life.