The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Good Fairies of New York is an Urban Fantasy novel by Martin Millar.
A tale of drunken flower fairies, bad violin playing, a multi-national fairy war in the streets of New York, and punk rock.
This Book Provides Examples Of:
- Big Applesauce: The setting, it's right there in the title.
- Bottle Fairy: A rather literal example of the trope, being almost a Pun on the trope name.
- Britain Is Only London: Averted; the parts of the UK represented are Scotland and Cornwall.
- Mob War: But with fairy gangs!
- Our Fairies Are Different: Mainly standard flower fairies, but these guys have ambitions of being punk rockers and have turf wars with other fairy gangs.
- Punk Rock: The titular fairies are doing their best to fit in with the punk stereotypes.
- Urban Fantasy: This is our New York, except magic and fairies lurk just out of sight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Enforced trope, due to the belief that all punk-rockers need multi-coloured hair to be taken seriously.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.