|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"The God in the Bowl" is a Conan the Barbarian story written by Robert E. Howard. Written in 1932 or 1933, but not published. A version edited by L Sprague De Camp was first published in September, 1952. The original version was first published in 1975.
Tropes found in this work
- The Corpse Stops Here: Being found by the body doesn't help Conan
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Do not open the bowl
- Faking and Entering: Kallian opens the bowl to look for valuables, since he can claim the burglar took them.
- Flat Earth Atheist: Dionus
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Demetrius generally comes across as one.
- The Scapegoat: Dionus plans this for Conan
- Snake People: One, in a jar
- Unknown Rival: Thoth-Amon and Conan