|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Girl Next Door is a 2004 American teen film starring Elisha Cuthbert, Emile Hirsch, and Timothy Olyphant, directed by Luke Greenfield, about an honor student who falls in love for the first time with his new beautiful next door neighbor Danielle, but finds the situation becoming complicated after he learns that she is a former porn star.
This film contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Matthew.
- Chekhov's Gun: An abysmal sex education video from (apparently) the 1950s makes the heroes wonder why it's never been updated. What saves the day for them in the end? Eli directing a modern, topical, and engrossing sex education video.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: The sexy outlandish adult film actress Danielle has curly blond hair.
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Girl Next Door: Danielle is subverted as she is a porn actress played by Elisha Cuthbert.
- Girl-On-Girl Is Hot: When Matthew imagines Danielle making out with his mother, and later with her two friends in the limousine.
- Hollywood Nerd: Matthew and his friends.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Well, porn star with a heart of gold.
- Not What It Looks Like: The tape that Matthew, Danielle and the others filmed on prom night. It was a sex-ed video, not porn.
- Smug Snake: Danielle's ex.
- Throwing Out the Script: Matthew appears to do this, but it's a subversion. While it appears this way to the audience (who think he's incredibly sweet), he actually has nothing written down. He'd been too busy slacking off (and, in fairness, falling in love and learning life lessons) to write the speech.