The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Fake Nationality: Barry Morse was Brittish. A good thing, too, since anytime a person on the street got too threatening to him for being mean to Kimble, he could switch to his native accent and say, "Blimey, Gov, I ain't who you think I am! Must be that bloke on the telly who looks like me."
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Lots of familiar character actors, and future stars, appeared on this show.
- It Will Never Catch On: Series creator Roy Huggins initially had great difficulty in selling the series to potential producers. Many of them felt that a series based on a wrongfully convicted man running from the law would be perceived as being too perverse, as well as a slap in the face to the American justice system.
- You Look Familiar: Lots of actors will guest star in more than one episode in a different role. Perhaps the best example is Richard Anderson, who played Kimble's brother-in-law, Len Taft in the last 2 episodes. Anderson guest starred in 6 episodes total. The last 2 are the only ones where he played Len.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Helen Kimble is Jo Danville.
- The One-Armed Man was played by the late Andreas Katsulas, who was known in sci-fi circles as Ambassador G'Kar and Commander Tomalak.
- The Marshals include Agent K, Ralph Cifaretto (or Cypher), and Rose Nadler.
- Sue Sylvester is Dr. Wahland.
- General Koskov is Dr. Charles Nichols.
- The Janitor appears as a Chicago Transit cop.
- Neil Flynn's appearance even became a subplot in an episode of the show, in which it's implied that either the Janitor was in The Fugitive or that the Janitor is, in fact, Neil Flynn.
- The Other Marty: Richard Jordan was originally cast as Dr. Charles Nichols, but he was extremely ill (he ended up passing away a few weeks after the film was released), thus being replaced with Jeroen Krabbe.
- What Could Have Been: Micheal Douglas, Kevin Costner, Andy Garcia, and Alec Baldwin were considered for the role of Richard Kimble. In fact, Baldwin was cast, but dropped out over a salary dispute. Meanwhile, Jon Voight and Gene Hackman were considered for the part of Samuel Gerard.
- There were plans to make either Dr. Kathy Wahlund or Dr. Anne Eastman (Julianne Moore's character) a love interest for Kimble. This was nixed as (a) it would have been distateful for Kimble to take a new lover while trying to solve the murder of his wife (whom he was clearly still grieving for), and (b) such a story would have distracted from the "chase" aspects of the film.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.