|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
While a good portion of the entries in The Flash Tub are one-off shorts, there are some recurring series. These include:
- The Kansas City Worldskippers: A parody of The Harlem Globetrotters, were four moronic basketball players, the bossy Densel, the violent Warlen, the complete imbecile(!) Quint and the naive Conrad are tasked with solving mysteries and save the world with their sassy basketball skills. A task they almost inevitably fail to complete do to a general lack of intelligence, attention span and basic survival instincts.
- Gaming Guyz: The two frat boys Andy and Paulo discusses new video game releases while verbally and physically abusing each other, if they are not busy bullying resident retrogamer and Butt Monkey George.
- The Jefferson Brothers: The story of two illegitimate children of Thomas Jefferson who travel through time and go on adventures. Somehow weirder than it sounds.
- Uncle Pep-Pep's Doodle Time: A parody of kids shows with host Uncle Pep-pep and his talk pencil Pencilly as they teach the young viewers at home how to draw.
- Suicide Face: A story about a girl who committed suicide to prank her boyfriend and trying to get out of hell. Looked to be going somewhere but wound up ending on a cliff hanger.
- Breakfast Duck: At first a parody of breakfast mascots. Breakfast Duck, along with his troubled son and cute niece try to remain a family while going through hilarious tragedies.
- The Best Of Weekend Web: All the stupidest, creepiest and most nonsensical forum posts from all over the Internet, read out loud in a dramatic style.
- Platform Hero: Can our player character Save the Princess from Dark Dragon with the "help" of a green dinosaur?
- Peezle Ward Presents: Self-proclaimed Child Prodigy Peezle Ward's self-directed low-budget films based on his old short stories.
Tropes associated with The Flash Tub include:
- Adobe Flash - All the videos are on flash. And are incredibly fluid and professional looking compared to your usual standard for flash.
- Alliterative Name - Furious Famicom Faggot.
- And I Must Scream - The Laughbot. A robot programmed to tell jokes, and only tell jokes. It was also programmed to feel sadness, because they thought it would be funnier that way.
Laughbot: "Who likes jokes? I wish I did!"
- But Now I Must Go - In the final episode of Uncle Pep-Pep's Doodle Time, the surviving side characters turns out to be aliens and they announce that they must go back to their home planet. When asked on the forums if they died on their way back, Shmorky simply answered "yes, yes they did."
- Caustic Critic - Parodied with the Furious Famicon Faggot.
- Cerebus Retcon - The breakfast duck cartoons started off being another slapstick violent cartoon to laugh at a duck's misfortune. But as the terrible things started piling up, it soon started focusing on his emotional state after going through such hardships. Culminating with his Christmas special.
- Comically Missing the Point - The Furious Famicom Faggot's review of The Legend of Zelda. He neglects to enter the cave at the beginning and doesn't pick up the sword, so he's unable to attack anything. Then his new girlfriend dumps him during the review, and suddenly things get weird...
- Cloudcuckoolander - Nearly every character.
- Crosses the Line Twice - ohoho, you actually think he has a line?
- Deadly Prank - "Suicide Face" starts with one that involves the pranker killing herself. Intentionally.
- Depraved Bisexual - ZipperFlash in "ZipperFlash's Ultimate Sonic Fan-fic"
- Depraved Kids' Show Host - Uncle Pep-Pep.
- Deranged Animation
- Disproportionate Retribution - The protagonist of the "Peezle Ward's" series will hit his girlfriend -- as well as threaten to do much worse to her -- for talking, because she has an annoying voice.
- Downer Ending - Woody's Race ends with Woody's car crashing and his legs breaking, as he sheds a single tear while exclaiming "I have lost, I failed you father."
- Driven to Suicide - In suicide face, Cindy commits suicide as a prank. Apparently under the assumption that it doesn't count as dying if it's just a joke.
- God - In an episode of the Jefferson Brothers, they reach the edge of the universe and find God. They ask him what is the one true religion, his response? "What is religion?"
- Groin Attack - Sally kicks Sonic in the groin for no reason in "ZipperFlash's Ultimate Sonic Fan-fic"
Sonic: Ow! Why the heck did you do that, you stupid cunt?!
Sally: I'm being random!
- Grotesque Cute - Safe Seth and his wacky antics.
- Her Codename Was Mary Sue - ZipperFlash in "ZipperFlash's Ultimate Sonic Fan-fic"
- High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Watch it once, and never turn back.
- Anything involving Safe Seth the Safety Bear is this. To the point where recurring jokes are fakeouts where he unexpectedly doesn't do something horrifying.
- Inconveniently-Placed Conveyor Belt - In "The Abobo Show!"
- Intentional Engrish for Funny- "Marble Madness: THE MOVIE"
- I Take Offense to That Last One - In Breakfast Duck's Terrible Christmas
"Shut up! You're just being mean and gay!"
Junior: "Heeeey! I'm not mean!"
- Killed Off for Real - Furious Famicom Faggot.
- Jerry Baggograpes. He will be missed.
- Last-Second Word Swap - Inverted in the Hammers episode with Safe Seth.
Kid: I dunno, it looks kinda dangerous...
Safe Seth: Aww, c'mon! Don't be a chicken's pussy!
- Mistaken for Murderer: In "Suicide Face part 2" John is convicted of Cindy's murder and sent to the chair because no-one believes she was stupid enough to intentionally kill herself for a prank.
- Mix-and-Match Critters - Ponuppy is half pony, half puppy.
- Also taken to an extreme in the Cutelette (Cute + Roulette)
- Mood Whiplash - Near the end of "Gaming Guys 3" in a Take That at Ctrl+Alt+Del.
Paulo: That was my girlfriend. She...
Andy: Did she have a miscarriage? That would be fucking funny as shit!
Paulo: No. She got an abortion. She said she didn't want to have a 'tard baby. *tear*
- Only Sane Man - Ralph from "The Jefferson Brothers" is one of the very few.
- Orphaned Series - What "Suicide Face" appears to be. There hasn't been a new episode since 2008.
- Pals with Jesus - Dora and Boots in Lauren's Dora cartoons.
- Random Events Plot - He Manf starts with He man and Skeletor fighting, then they fall in love, then it cuts to Tails the Fox telling Sonic that he was molested by Robotnik, Robotnik apologizes to Sonic and they then begin to sing "eternal flame". A chorus of various fictional characters join in, then the screen fades to black and tells us to please donate our time for a charitable organization for Africa instead of watching flash cartoons like an asshole.
- Rapid-Fire Comedy - Often. Especially evident in the "Tub Bites" series.
- Recycled in Space - "The Jefferson Brothers: ARRESTED!" and "Peezle Ward's Brave Aeronauts"
- Real After All - Ghost Snatch, Halloween Edition. And if you hate shows like Ghost Hunters it's probably Bloody Hilarious as well.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter - Ponuppy.
- Schedule Slip - There doesn't seem to be any set schedule for updates, though he does tend to update generally atleast once a week. But spent a few months on hiatus a few times.
- Shaggy Dog Story - A common plot formula.
- Stylistic Suck
- Subverted Kids Show - Uncle Pep-Pep's Doodle Time is supposed to be like Nick Jr shows from the 90s, at first it just seems to be a silly parody with swear words added, but you can quickly see underlying darker themes, such as the hosts downward spiral to a mental breakdown and suicidal thoughts in a surprisingly serious manner.
- Take That: "Console Wars"
- Tastes Like Diabetes - Anything with Lowtax's daughter Lauren.
- Tear Jerker - Breakfast Duck's Terrible Christmas
- And then the ending:
Kevin: I uh...I, I don't hate you, dad. Merry Christmas.
- The christmas special for Uncle Pep-Pep's Doodle Time. With Pencilly grappling with the recent suicide of the titular host. Lampshaded in the end of the episode with the credits reminding us how ridiculous the situation is: "A pencil and a rat are sad."
- Too Dumb to Live - Cindy Snickerpuss from "Suicide Face" is a literal example.
- Interesting also is the fact that according to the demons in hell technically she should also be too dumb to die.
- Visual Effects of Awesome - The things Shmorky is capable of making on Flash, and on a weekly basis, is pretty amazing.