The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A character who is known for being feminine, dressing very nicely and being interested in fashion.
- Straight: Alice is a girly girl who always dresses well and knows all the latest fashions.
- Exaggerated: Alice never talks about anything but fashion. She wears high heels just to get the morning paper and sexy lingerie to bed.
- Justified: Alice grew up in a home where her parents encouraged her to always dress neatly.
- Alice lives in an area or works in a career where dressing your best is extremely important.
- Inverted: Rummage Sale Reject.
- Subverted: We hear that Alice is a model, but we later see that she wears sweats and plain t-shirts when she's not modeling.
- Double Subverted:...but then gets The Makeover to improve her public image.
- Parodied: Alice wears Impossibly Tacky Clothes, but seems to think they are the height of fashion and accuses anyone who tries to point this out of being jealous.
- Deconstructed: Alice feels inferior and ugly, and thinks she has to cover that up by being image-obsessed, becoming vain, shallow, and catty in the process.
- Reconstructed: Alice learns that you can dress well to reflect your inner beauty and confidence, rather than mask a lack of it.
- Zig Zagged: Alice is ambiguous about fashion. Alice has good taste but is indifferent to the world as a whole. Alice's interest in fashion is often because her job sometimes requires her to attend Fancy Dinner s and impress potential business contacts. Outside of that Alice often dresses casually and might be mistaken for a Tomboy. However Alice does know how to dress up and in fact sometimes regards that as a private hobby. On such occasions Alice and possibly her Love Interest are the only ones who get to decide what looks good on Alice.
- Averted: There are no fashionistas in the show.
- Enforced: It's a makeover show.
- Lampshaded: Charlotte: "That Alice is so beautiful. She always has the nicest clothes. *swoon*"
- Invoked: "Hi I'm Stacy, and that's Clinton, and you're on TLC's What Not To Wear.
- Defied: Alice decides she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her outfits; she'll wear whatever feels comfortable.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Untwisted: Alice starts out Hollywood Homely, but soon gets The Makeover and becomes The Fashionista.
- Gender Flipped: Bob always dresses well and knows all the latest fashions.
- Bob is The Dandy
Back to The Fashionista.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.