|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Welcome to TFF. Do remember to leave your sanity at the door. You won't be needing it."
Created on November 14, 2005, by the Swedish fan fiction writer Hawk, The Fanfiction Forum, commonly abbreviated as TFF, is an invisionfree board dedicated to writing and critiquing works of fan fiction. One of the older and more complete It contains 23 primary discussion and posting boards for various series, along with several other boards dedicated to general discussion, writing resources, games, writing challenges and, of course, porn. It is the origin of several very weird but popular fics, such as Shinji and Warhammer 40 K (Fanfic), Reload, People Lie, and is home to Watashiwa's Iron Fic challenge.
A link to the site is here, though you'll need an account to view the forum."
Has a Character Page in the works.
- A God Am I - Hawk. Also the only one with mod powers. The jury is still out on that one. Others at TFF do not trust each other not to go on a power-trip complete with mad laughter. Also a claim made by many of the members.
- Blatant Lies - Don't you know that people lie?"
- Catgirl - Love/Hate relationship with them.
- Crack Fic - Possibly TFF's only redeeming value.
- Dead Fic: A lot of them.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fanfic - Well, what did you expect with that name.
- Finagle's Law
- Flame War Anything. Literally.
- Hatedom - Not quite as much as one might expect. Most of it is Broken Base, but there are some notable exceptions. (See Blatant Lies)
- There is very little love for vampires that sparkle in the Books section.
- And Perfect Lionheart, in general.
- Hive Mind - The TFF Hivemind exists because TFF itself, is forced to police and moderate itself. As expected, it does not end well. Not unexpectedly, TFF loathes itself with all the loathing of a thousand frozen tentacles, except when sometimes the vicious heat and crushing insanity produce the occasional shining gem of a fanfic. When The Hivemind Approves, then someone has either made something that can soothe even a screaming mass of inconsistent and self-contradicting tendencies, or it's something that speaks to universal human suffering.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: TFF has over 10,000 members, and over 200 with 1,000+ posts.
- Real Life - Keeps getting in the way.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism - Bring a topic members will be divided over and watch the fireworks.
- Stuff Blowing Up - The members of the Anbu Demolition Corps, an invention of TFF's hivemind, are masters of this trope.
- Troll - Quite a few of them. Most of them will refuse to admit it, of course, but even a cursory glance at the site will make them pretty obvious.
- Tsundere - Timewave Zero