|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being made a Familiar for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Zero no Tsukaima fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Recommended by A Nudist and The Real Lee
- I advertise myself
- Synopsis: Louise summons Saito Hiraga, but the writer has almost completely changed who Saito was.
- Recommended by The Real Lee
- Synopsis: Japanese-American and US army ranger Alexander Tsougi always considered himself to be a normal military grunt. That is until he teleports through a magic portal into the world of Zero no tsukaima. WARNING: the following story gets really epic by chapter 3.
- Recommended by Ninmikey01, Rivenscryr, User:Schizo Technician, User:Ten Four, Sunder The Gold, Ghoohg, Sinclair.
- Status: Complete!
- Synopsis: Shirou Emiya (now in his mid-twenties) has dealt with human summoning, magical battles, and saving the world. Now he is brought into a world where magic equates to nobility. The Zero has just summoned a Hero. Has its own Trope Page.
- Recommended by Da Random Username, Steve the Corn Muffin
- Synopsis: After "succesfully" completing the Springtime Familiar ritual, Louise finds out that she is now the master of a certain white-haired homunculus. Follows the Unlimited Blade Works storyline.
- Note: Also co-written/edited by AlfheimWanderer, so quality is just about guaranteed.
- Recommended by spacemonkey37, Kazeto
- Synopsis: The Spring-Time Familiar Summoning Ritual summons the being most suitable for the mage. A soul of fire summons forth a soul of fire. The right spark can cause anything to burn. Fate/Zero Rider
- Recommended by: User:Rivenscryr, Jiven
- Synopsis: In a society where magic is the proof of nobility, Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière, has never managed to cast a single spell properly. Scorned by her classmates as "the Zero" for her utter incompetence, the Familiar Summoning Ritual is her last chance to prove herself worthy of a title. But imagine her surprise when she summons someone as inextricably linked to the void as she, a young girl with a need to prove herself nearly as large as hers.
- Recommended by: Jiven, User:Rivenscryr
- Synopsis: In a world where magic is the proof of nobility, Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière is an outcast, bearing the stigma of failure, as she has never been able to use the simplest of spells. Scorned by society as "the Zero," a woeful all-but-commoner with pretensions to the high nobility, the Springtime Summoning Rite is her last chance to prove otherwise. To everyone's surprise, she summons something - but when millennia long traditions hold that the summoned being reflects the caster's ability as a mage, what does it mean that her familiar is blind?
Points of Familiarity, by Charles Bhepin
- Recommended by: User:Comartemis, User:Shay Guy
- Status: Discontinued after six chapters.
- Now being rewritten as Surrogate of Zero
- Synopsis: On one end, a young mage who begged fate for something that would validate her reason for being. At the other, a young man who sought the desolation of his existence. Where they meet, is the terror that would shake the very foundations of magic.
- Note: Now has a Trope Page.
Prototype (Yes, seriously)
- Recommended by: User:Shockz, User:Fried Dough Stick Eater, User:Jemu 99, User:Gentlemens Dame 883, User:Guntriggersonmyfeet, User:Laluzi
- Status: Updated to chapter 12.
- Synopsis: Louise summons the Blacklight-virus entity that calls itself Alex Mercer. That alone would be enough to describe the story that ensues, except that the history of Halkeginia is a little different from in canon...
- 'Recommended by: AD World, Tropers/Patcheresu
- Synopsis: Louise summons Zero from Mega Man X with interesting results as Zero comes of a high-tech society to Louise's Late Medieval Europe. Oh, and if women are booty then you might as well start calling Zero His Royal Badassery King Emperor Knight Captain Duke Jesus Double Cap'n Zero. Because he's so powerful he can turn Albion into a crater. Floating and or otherwise. The author really has a nack for writing overpowered characters like Zero.
- Recommended by: Razorsmile, evilian123
- Synopsis: Instead of going the same route as every single ZnT fic ever and having her summon yet another character from across the multiverse, Earthscorpion has her attempt the Familiar summoning ... and fail. Not just fail, but fail so badly a representative of Malfeas shows up to offer her a much more exciting alternative ...
- Recommended by: User:Gentlemens Dame 883
- Status: Updated to chapter eight.
- Synopsis: Louise summons Jack after the events of the game. There will be BEES.
- Recommended by: User:Redcynic, Nacht Ritter
- Status: Chapter 24 + 4 Interludes
- Synopsis: Kazami Yuuka is summoned by Louise, genderflipping in the process. Gardener and Zero, what could go wrong?
- Recommended by: Averruncus of the shadows.
- Synopsis: A different take on the usual 'replace Saito with X' stories that dominate the ZnT crossover archives. Rather than summon a single familiar, Louise summons the four Averrunci, (starting from Fate to Sextum).
A Summon Goes Wrong, by Nervaqus987
- Recommended by: Comartemis
- Synopsis: A completely new twist on the "Louise summons X instead of Saito" plot occurs when Louise summons Evangeline as her familiar only to be caught up in the snap-back on the Infernus Scholasticus. Look out Mahora, class 2-A has a new student!
- Recommended by: Harouki, User:Rivenscryr
- Synopsis: Familiar spirits are the mark of those born with magic, their proof of nobility. To partake in their summoning, the most sacred act of all. Come, oh beautiful, sacred, strong familiar spirit, and grant us our heart's desire...
- Recommended by: thatdude
- Synopsis: Louise summons a Necron Lord known as The Herald of the Storm who was fresh from a defeat. Herald immediatly assumes that (partly because of the magical contract making him loyal to her) Louise is a new, young C'tan. Hilarity and the occasional Curb Stomp Battle ensues.
- Recommended by: User:Golden Darkness
- Synopsis: Team Rocket never expected to find themselves with a new Boss, especially the young untalented Louise the Zero. With no twerps and Pikachu to chase after, Team Rocket decides to serve their new Boss with full gusto, and show the land of Halkeginia she's no Zero. Whether Louise likes it or not.
- Recommended by: Tiroth
- Synopsis: She begged for a beautiful, sacred and strong familiar. She never expected how sacred a certain white wolf could be.
- Recommended by: Shinji117
- Synopsis: Napoleon Bonaparte, just after his defeat, is summoned as Louise's familiar. Things get...interesting
- Recommended by: User:Gentlemens Dame 883
- Synopsis: Louise summons Kyuubey. A subsequent chance encounter with a Romalian Inquisitor sends things Off the Rails fast, though not in the way you'd expect.
- Recommended by: KGON
- Synopsis: Vergil, after dying as Nelo Angelo in DMC1, is wrested from his sordid afterlife by Louise's summoning.