|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A PbP game running on the Atomic Think Tank, AKA the Official Mutants and Masterminds forums. The game is set in modern "real life", with the PCs established as one of the first super-humans in the world.
The game begins as the PCs prepare to attend their ten-year High School reunion. Another uniting factor is that all the PCs shared an unusual encounter at summer camp when they were twelve years old, and the events of that day are now coming back to affect them 16 years later...
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: George for Angela, Marcus for Angela, Mark for Jodi and Anil for George!
- Bad Dreams: Alethia's recurring nightmare of the Candyman.
- Big Eater: Apparently a side effect of Travis powers
- Class Reunion: Like, duh, the whole first arc!
- Conveniently an Orphan: Alethia and Mark are this
- Death By Origin Story: Plenty of parents and various unlucky SOBs.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Travis does this.
- Fair Cop: Alethia
- Fiery Redhead: Alethia literally became this when her powers manifested.
- Flash Back: So far we've had the Flashback Echo, How We Got Here and the Troubled Backstory Flashback.
- From a Certain Point of View: Mark knows that the best way to tell a lie is to tell the truth, with very carefully selected vocabulary. Mark is a freelance security consultant, not a cat burglar for the mafia.
- Gender Bender: George's first proper power manifestation.
- Gentle Giant: George.
- Groundhog Day Loop: Anil's} initial power manifestation.
- Heterosexual Life Partners: Travis and George, also Marcus and Joel
- High School Sweethearts: George and Angela
- Inner Monologue: Given the medium of the game, this is a given, but it's also combined with Deadpan Snarker in the case of Mark, at his own expense.
- Magic Pants: Averted
- My God, What Have I Done?: Travis
- Not Wearing Tights: Except maybe Jodi or Alethia...
- Out, Damned Spot!: Pushed to a rather painful conclusion by Mark
- Popular Is Dumb: Travis and George to a certain extent. While none of them are dumb as such, neither are any of them revolutionary thinkers.
- Returning War Vet: Travis.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Mark's reaction toward George and co.
- Superpower Lottery: Applied literally, power are assigned at random. But did anyone win it ? Who knows ?
- Survivor Guilt: Travis
- The Mafia: Mark's employers
- The Nondescript: What Mark tries to achieve, with enough success that Jodi who just asked him on a date still has trouble remembering his name.
- These Hands Have Killed: Major plot points in Mark's back-story.
- This Is Reality
- Took a Level In Badass: Joel Nowak and Anil Gunther at some point between High School and the present day.
- Mind Over Matter: Joel Nowak
- Playing with Fire: Alethia
- Shapeshifting: George has developed the ability to become other people. At this moment this is involuntary, but no longer seems to be a Painful Transformation.
- Sizeshifter: Turn out Jodi wasn't developing the Most Common Superpower after all
- Super Speed: despite being stuck in a wheelchair Travis is developing this
- Super Strength: Marcus
- Technopath: Mark may be this, all we know for sure is that he got his mind stuck in Cyberspace when he tried to take a picture with his cellphone
- All There in the Manual
- Alt-Itis: Averted.
- Comic Book Fantasy Casting: Celebrities have been used to represent characters and NPCs, including George and Angela Ingram (Richard Hillman and Naya Rivera respectively), Marcus Davis (Frank Lampard) and Anil Gunther (Ralph Macchio / Prince).
Active Player Characters
Though there is no alignment system per se in place, some characters do fall roughly into certain categories. Of course, labels such as these are more descriptive than proscriptive, especially given the complex nature of some of the characters.
- Lawful Good: Alethia
- Neutral Good: George
- Chaotic Good: Anil, maybe?
- Lawful Neutral:
- True Neutral:
- Chaotic Neutral:
- Lawful Evil: Mark, type 2
- Neutral Evil:
- Chaotic Evil: