The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 2001 romantic comedy about Napoleon Bonaparte. Runs on the premise that he escaped from his imprisonment at Santa Helena.
Gas Examples Of:
- Body Double: Who refuse to admit he's fake. And later die on the same day as history know Napoleon to have died.
- Foregone Conclusion: We know that history know Napoleon to have died in exile without ever escaping. Thge beginning of the film even underscore this. So we know from square one that the protagonist will never manage to start his new revolution, or even be accepted as the real Napoleon.
- Rags to Riches: While Napoleon is trying to rebuild his conspiracy, he also have a civilian life to live. Starting over at square one.
- No Mere Windmill: The protagonist is the real Napoleon, but gets mistaken for one of the many lunatics believing themselves to be Napoleon.
- Prince and Pauper: The emperor and his Body Double, switching time for an extended time.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Poor emperor
- Windmill Political: The entire premise of the plot is that Napoleon and his followers have a incorrect-bordering-on-delusional belief that the people love their former emperor and would gladly rise up to put him back on the throne.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.