|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mestema: "In a future reality I shall destroy you!"
Paul Bradford: "I Reject Your Reality and I substitute my own!"
Paul Bradford is a super smart, but underpaid, tech worker, having trouble with his girlfriend, Gwen, over the feeling he likes his work more than her.
Then an evil wizard, Mestema, pulls them into another world to challenge Paul to save Gwen and his own life. All Paul has to help him is his computer system, X-CaliBR8, now turned into a wrist-mounted device.
- As Himself: One segment takes place at a WASP concert, with the band playing the villains.
- The Eighties: Came out in 1984.
- High Collar of Doom: Mestema wears one.
- Magical Computer: Even before the sorcery gets involved, Paul's devices can change traffic signals and hack ATMs, and are mounted on his glasses.
- Meaningful Name: The X-CaliBR8 system is a play on the name of the sword Excalibur.