The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
This Work page is a stub. You can help All The Tropes by expanding it.
"They're going to send you on a sales trip and it'll be the death of you — I know what's going on at Gippart. You're their guinea pig."
This page needs a better description. You can help this wiki by expanding or clarifying the information given.
Tropes used in The Dream Merchant include:
- Chekhov's Skill: Teresa is good at telling stories, Baz/Bors is an amateur drummer, Joshua is... just a bit kleptomaniac.
- Doorstopper: While not as hefty as some other books, it still clocks in at a perfectly respectable 640 pages.
- Dream Land: Umaya.
- Did Mom Just Have Tea with Cthulhu??
- Dub Name Change: Bors becomes Baz, Joshua Tak becomes Joshua Cope, Giphart becomes Gippart, and so on.
- Britain Is Only London: and in the original Dutch book, The Netherlands are only Amsterdam
- Half-Identical Twins
- Reality Warper: somewhat justified - they're in Dream Land. Joshua can change things by looking at them. Teresa also qualifies - she can change things by telling stories. These example are not a Game Breaker because 1) these powers are limited: Joshua and Teresa can't do everything they want; 2) they're are initially unaware of their powers.
- Time Master: Baz/Bors
- Theme Twin Naming: Joshua and Jericho
- The Storyteller: Teresa
- Time Travel: but in Dream Land.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.