|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"This is the worst dialogue ever."
The Defrosters (found at this wordpress site) is a web series created by Stevie the Ice Queen of Media Slayer Productions. It follows the lives and rants of several "pixel robots," named Pixel Girl, Pixel Boy, James, and Lisa. Episodes are generally one to four minutes long and often consist of Pixel Girl complaining about a TV series, movie, literature, or some other pop culture reference, usually to James or Pixel Boy. Season one also follows Pixel Girl's attempt to stop Pixel Boy from playing World of Warcraft. As of now, she has yet to be successful.
The Defrosters provide examples of:
- Author Avatar: It often seems like Pixel Girl is this for the Ice Queen.
- Catch Phrase: "Hey, Pixel Girl. How's it slammin'?"
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch: It's implied that Pixel Girl's hatred of WoW is this. Possibly also the Ice Queen's.
- Deadpan Snarker: Pixel Girl and, to some extent, Pixel Boy.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: James. He started as a one-note character to fill in for Pixel Boy during his WoW phase, but eventually became a full character with a fan base.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Metashore?
- Lampshade Hanging: All over the place.
- Painting the Fourth Wall: Tends to go with the lampshading.
- Precision F-Strike: "Fucking Emerson."
- Take That: Mostly at World of Warcraft, Degrassi the Next Generation, and random literature. Sometimes more of a lovable Shout-Out.
- Xanatos Gambit / Gambit Roulette: In episode 9, Pixel Girl implies that she is planning one of these to stop Pixel Boy from playing WoW. James helps her flesh out her plan, and even references the TV Tropes entries on the subject.