The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster: The Vietnamese captors, but also the Frenchman.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: In addition to the guys singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", there's also Cavatina.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: John Cazale was diagnosed with terminal cancer just as filming was about to begin; this makes his presence at the funeral scene all the more morbid.
- It Gets Better: The opening scene at the wedding is extremely long and torturous, but once the war actually happens things really start to get interesting.
- Kick the Dog: In the first war scene, a Viet Cong soldier slaughters a bunker full of Vietnamese civilians and then shoots a pregnant woman and her child. Michael avenges her by burning him alive with a flamethrower.
- Memetic Mutation: "Mau! Ði đi mau!"
- Tear Jerker: Just about all of the climax and ending, especially Nick's death. Not to mention, the movie uses Cavatina very effectively.
- Unfortunate Implications: The film has been criticized for its heavy-handed portrayal of the Viet Cong as ludicrously sadistic and evil.
- The Woobie: The entire main cast qualifies, but especially Nick.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.