The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Accidental Innuendo: May or may not actually be accidental, but in "Culling of the Fold": "Get him down on his knees/ With your hands all shakin'/ That'll teach him how to take it"?
- "You can take him in a stitch, drop his body in a ditch, leave his limbs all naked, that'll teach him how to take it!"
- Colin has encouraged people to have sex during Rise To Me. Yes, really. Whether he was thinking of this application when he wrote it is... a good question.
- That whole concert is a good example. "It's very hot! It's a very damp and hot Sasquatch costume."
A little louder, ladies and gentlemen! Some moaning! Some groaning! You're being swallowed by a whale!
- And we both had some fun, though I twice bit my tongue and it lasted too long for my taste...
- John Moen's nicknames (and Colin's tendency to go disregard boundaries I'm the frontman). "Brokeback Moen! Johnny Couch..."
- Crowning Music of Awesome
- "This Is Why We Fight" Just listen But pretty much anything off that album (or any album for that matter).
- The Tain.
- Ear Worm: Many, but 16 Military Wives is probably their catchiest.
- Pretty much every song on The King Is Dead. "Don't Carry It All," "Rox In The Box," "January Hymn," and "Down By The Water" might be the worst.
- Face of the Band: Colin Meloy.
- Genius Bonus: So much of it. For instance, only someone who is both a botanist and a World War II buff would be able to really understand "When the War Came" without being told about it. "Sons and Daughters" references houses of aluminum and eating cinnamon, a pretty bizarre image unless you know that aluminum was once considered a metal more precious than gold, and cinnamon was used as currency.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Shankill Butchers", "Culling of the Fold", "Odalisque", "The Rake's Song", "The Hazards of Love 3 (Revenge!)", "Leslie Anne Levine", "A Cautionary Song".
- Squick: Some of the gory bits, especially the rape scenes.
- The Woobie: Quite a lot of their characters. Poor Eli.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.