The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Award Snub: No Grammy, and still not in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame...
- Face of the Band: Robert Smith. Rarely anyone can name another member.
- Naming another member is easy. Remembering whether or not he's actually in the band at the moment is the hard part. Simon Gallup, the band's bassist since 1979 (except for a few years in the 1980's), is likely the second most nameable member of the band after Smith.
- Harsher in Hindsight: "Killing an Arab". They don't perform it anymore, unsurprisingly (or when they do, they change the lyrics around heavily).
- Last-Note Nightmare: Disintegration's title track.
- Magnum Opus: The 1989 album Disintegration bridges the gap between their Goth Rock work and their pop work, and its large number of classic songs has made it so.
- Misaimed Fandom: Enough of it for "Killing An Arab" that they had to put a sticker on Staring at the Sea to decry racist use of the song.
- Moment of Awesome: In 1981, when they were playing in the Werchter Festival, the festival was running late, and the organizers wanted The Cure to finish their show early to let bigger artists like Robert Palmer and ZZ Top play. The organizers and The Cure agreed to let the band play one more song. Cue the legendary 9 minute epic monster rendition of A Forest, and "Fuck Robert Palmer, fuck rock n roll!"
- Nightmare Fuel: "Lullaby", which a review described as "probably the only song about being eaten alive that people heard on the radio outside the month of October".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.