|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Jaxen: "I think my perspective's shot."
Hidari: "You should probably have that looked at by a doctor."
Sometimes a dead webcomic's characters just won't stay dead.
The Crossworlds by J. Powers follows Hidari Centa and Jaxen Vanderbilt, former stars of a now-dead Gag-Per-Day comic, who despite being buried and left by their creators have emerged into the world "outside" their comic limitations. They now find themselves in The Crossworlds, the place between comics - and have no earthly clue what to do now. So they strive to survive in the best way they know how: as ridiculously as possible.
This work provides examples of
- Amusing Injuries: Jaxen's used to getting hurt. Unfortunately for him, The Crossworlds don't operate on the same rules as the comic world...
- Back From the Dead: ZOMBIES!!
- Bloody Hilarious: Well, it's not funny for Hidari anyway. (Nor was it for the author, as the comments note.)
- Buried Alive: "Our dad sucks."
- Catgirl: Hidari.
- Rise From Your Grave: Minus the "several days/months/years" part.