|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Country Bears is an American film, produced by Walt Disney Pictures, based on the Disney Theme Parks attraction Country Bear Jamboree. It was Disney's third movie based on a ride or attraction, following Tower of Terror (1997) and Mission to Mars (2000), and followed by Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and The Haunted Mansion. It was released July 26, 2002.
The film follows Beary Barrington (Haley Joel Osment) a young bear raised by a human family in a world where humans and talking bears coexist, attempting to trace his roots. He meets up with the Country Bears, a long-since broken-up band and helps the Country Bears reunite for one final concert. The film details the Country Bear's attempts to get together their final concert while facing the antagonism of Thimble (Christopher Walken), who is bent on destroying their concert hall.
Tropes associated with this work:
- The Cameo: Willie Nelson and Elton John both appear in the film.
- Everything's Worse with Bears: Movies, apparently.
- G-Rated Drug: The Honey Bar.
- Literary Agent Hypothesis: The DVD features point towards the original attraction being a result of the movie band's early success within their whole mockumentaries about the history of the band.
- Merchandise-Driven: A Disney theme park adaptation. Ironically, the Disneyland version of the attraction closed shortly before the film came out to make way for a Winnie the Pooh ride.
- Money, Dear Boy: The supposed motivation of Christopher Walken to appear in the picture.
- Oblivious Adoption. Very oblivious.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Part of the basic plot of the movie.
- Raised by Humans: Beary didn't even know he was a bear until his adopted brother pointed it out.