The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternate Character Interpretation- In the first game, we are led to believe Jack intentionally murdered Kathryn, but at the end of the second it was an accident.
- One could reasonably assume that in The Company of Myself, Kathryn is Jack's lover. In Fixation, they seem less like lovers and more like really good friends. This likely has something to do with the fact that Every Point of View Is Different.
- Fridge Logic: The psychiatrist has met Jack every week for the past eight years, and every time Jack says the same things, including asking him not to leave. It gives me the impression that if the shrink had stayed, Jack might have reached an epiphany, and he never will now. This obviously wasn't what the writers were going for.
- It's noted that, on some reviews, the reviewer notes that a shrink would have recognized Korsakoff's Syndrome, or at the very least, anterograde amnesia. The author not being a psychologist, it's acceptable, not to mention that, while Jack is obviously in a fantasy world, it's highly possible that he doesn't remember the psychologist due to his "travels". You try meeting some guy once a year, have a chat, and he leaves, then you roam about the world and meet again. Chances are, you wouldn't remember him without some prodding.
- More on topic, you'd think they would hold more psychological appointments, even if Jack was really violent.
- They meet once a week.
- Player Punch: In Fixation: "Henry's dead."
- Tear Jerker: If you don't feel bad about Jack's trauma over the loss of his lover, God help you.
- The aforementioned Player Punch.
- True Art Is Angsty
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.