|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Collector (2009) is an American horror film. Arkin is a ex-con that breaks into a house to steal valuables, only to discover that a second person has already broken in, captured the residents, and has set up a variety of high-concept booby traps. Arkin is forced to try to figure out a way to save those he intended to rob, and also fight to survive.
Will have a sequel going by the title, The Collection.
The film provides the following tropes:
- Alternate Ending: One that ends the film halfway even! In the alternate ending, Arkin, instead of going back in the house to try and save someone, just flips off the house and skips town.
- Booby Trap: The Collector's M.O. for those he selected and captured.
- Divorced Installment: The movie was originally meant to be a Saw prequel.
- It Got Worse: More so then the Saw films.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sure, he maybe a robber but Arkin is only doing the robbery to pay off his ex-wife Loan Shark problem, as well as protecting her and their daughter.
- Karma Houdini: The Collector.
- Kick The Cat: That poor cat.
- Not So Fast Bucko: As soon as Arkin gets out of the house halfway into the film, he sees that someone is still trapped in it.