|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Club is a third-person shooter game designed by Bizarre Creations (the guys responsible for Project Gotham Racing series) and published by SEGA. The main premise resembles the movies The Running Man, Gamer and Hard Target - you have to reach the exit or stay alive for a given time while having to battle waves of Mooks and Scoring Points for chaining kills into combos (the higher combo meter goes, the less time you have to kill the next enemy).
Each of the eight playable "contestants" has a different background and statistics, consisting of his Strength (misleadingly named, as it mostly describes his ability to withstand being shot at), Speed and Stamina (how long can he sprint). The game takes place in different locales - steel mill, prison, old cruise ship stranded on rocks, English manor, American slum, Russian underground bunker, supposedly Balkan war zone and Venice.
The game provides examples of
- AKA-47 - some of the guns are slightly modified real weapons, others are mix and match abominations.
- Ax Crazy - Nemo.
- Badass Biker - Killen.
- Blackmail - the reason Killen had to become a "contestant" again.
- Blood Sport - people are actually watching the contests and betting their money on whether the character survives or not.
- Canada, Eh? - Seager is Canadian
- Cowboy Cop - Renwick.
- Downer Ending - Kuro, Nemo and Renwick get those.
- Expy - We won't blame you if the first thing coming into your mind after first seeing Finn would be Leonard Shelby.
- Fragile Speedster - Seager and Kuro.
- He Knows Too Much - the reason Renwick and Kuro ended up as "contestants".
- Hold the Line - Siege and Survival game modes.
- Husky Russkie - Dragov.
- Hustler - Finn.
- Mighty Glacier - Dragov and Adjo.
- Secret Identity - how Killen managed to dodge the Club for quite some time.
- Scary Black Man - Adjo.
- Scoring Points - each kill is worth points, less for standard Mooks, more for the special ones like minigun-lugging brutes and "bonus opponents" whose job is run as fast and try not to get shot by the player.
- The Atoner - Adjo.
- The Great Politics Mess-Up - Dragov's intro is set in front of a Soviet flag... in 2008.
- The Infiltration - Kuro's plan to get inside the Club.
- The Group - the titular Club. They're filthy rich, evil and secretive.
- Timed Mission - Time Attack and Challenge game modes.