The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
This show contains examples of:
- Disembodied Eyebrows: Fish
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Martin Short is the cat himself.
- Large Ham: Good heavens, Martin Short.
- Race Lift: In the books, the male child character was white, but he has been changed to black for the TV series. Additionally, the new books being released under the banner of The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That depict him as black.
- Refuge in Audacity: In every episode, the Cat tells the kids to get a parent's permission before they can go on the day's adventure. The parent always allows it, thinking they're just pretending.
- This also counts as "What the Hell?" Dad
- Rhymes on a Dime: The Cat, regularly and obviously.
- Running Gag: See Refuge in Audacity above.
- Viewers Like You: PBS shows mandate a "thank you" at the end of the funding credits. The Cat sees this as an opportunity to be hammy:
The Cat: No, thank you. You really are too kind.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Originally, the main characters in The Cat in the Hat were The Cat in the Hat, Sally, and her brother, Conrad. In this show, the main characters are the titular cat, Sally, and a new boy named Nick. What happened to Sally's brother?
- Perhaps he was sent to military school or perished at the hands of a dangerous animal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.