The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Ah, The Casino... a chance to triple your money, and have fun while doing it. Or go home completely broke, and have fun while doing it.
Tropes used in The Casino include:
- In the episode of Cowboy Bebop where Spike meets Faye, a casino chip with a microchip in it is to be exchanged in one of these. For added fun, it takes place in a casino/space station shaped like a roulette wheel.
- In Yami no Matsuei, Tsuzuki actually had to pretend to be a dealer on a cruise ship's casino in order to investigate murders.
- Rosette and Chrono first meet Azmaria in a casino owned by her adoptive father in Las Vegas (Atlantic City in the anime).
- The film Casino.
- A few James Bond films, such as Casino Royale and Diamonds Are Forever.
- In the movie Three Thousand Miles to Graceland, there's a shootout in one of these, featuring robbers wearing Elvis outfits.
- The movie Ocean's Thirteen feature the titular team rigging all the games in one of these for revenge.
- When Tony Stark is given an award at a ceremony held in Las Vegas, he misses accepting the award because he's busy working. And by busy working, we mean having some fun gambling.
- Biff Tannen's Pleasure Paradise from Back to The Future Part II.
- In Cars 2, the Lemons actually use an old casino in Italy as their evil lair.
- In Heroes, there's Linderman's casino, and it's a plot point for much of the first series.
- These pop up pretty frequently in CSI.
- As well as the series Las Vegas.
- The episode "Double Down" in Numb3rs revolves around card counting in a casino. Larry is revealed to be a former card counter, and he, Charlie, and Amita gamble at a casino.
- The Hustle take down a Vegas for $5 million in "Big Daddy Calling" after the owner has Albert roughed up.
- Viva Las Vegas, of course.
- Pokémon Red's Game Corner, while a Minigame Zone, is also the front for Team Rocket's base of operations.
- Baccarat in Saga Frontier. At least three characters go there during their quests, but none of the games can be played
- In Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door, there's the Pianta Parlor, owned by the mob. E Rating, indeed.
- Glittertown/Neon City in Wario Land Shake It is this kind of area, with multiple casino type areas in two levels set in an extremely obvious fictional pastiche of Las Vegas.
- The third mission in Bonanza Bros. takes place in a casino. Depending on whether or not you're playing a Bowdlerized version, either the Casino Executives are corrupt and you're stealing evidence, you're testing an elaborate security system, or it's just a straight-up heist.
- In Action Doom 2 Urban Brawl, as you're riding an elevator upwards through the corporation building and punching out everyone you meet along the way, one of the floors you come upon is a casino, complete with snazzy casino music and mini-games to play.
- Sonic Adventure's third stage is casino themed, but the focus is on pinball, with Sonic as the ball. The main wagering you do is hoping to collect 100 rings in a game to avoid being dumped into the sewer, and one pinball game has a slot bonus, where one set of symbols (Dr. Eggman's face) will steal all of your rings.
- In Holiday Wars, there's the Jack O'Lantern casino in Vegas which is run by Halloween. You can check it out here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.