|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The third and final theatrical film in the Care Bears franchise.
The Care Bears are given a mission by The White Rabbit of Wonderland, who is Swift Heart's uncle. The Princess of Heart has gone missing, and the Succession Crisis will give an evil wizard the crown. The Care Bears go searching for her, but instead find a girl named Alice, who is a dead ringer for the Princess. She is convinced to impersonate the princess to stall for time while the Care Bears go searching for the real one.
Unfortunately, the wizard is on to this scheme, and hopes to expose Alice for what she is. It's up to Alice to prove her worth, and the care Bears to find the real princess in time.
The box office for this film was the lowest of the three, causing a fourth film, based on The Nutcracker, to be a TV movie. There would be no further movies until Direct to Video films in the Turn of the Millennium. Incidentially, despite being the lowest grossing theatrical Care Bears film, it was distributed by the film distribution subsidiary of a Canadian movie theatre company, Cineplex Odeon (now known as Cineplex Entertainment).
Provides Examples Of
- Blooper: The Ermine Cape that Alice and the Princess wear can't decide what shape the ermine trim is, whether it has a collar or not, or even whether it's being worn or not.
- Captain Ersatz: Dim and Dum from Adventures in Wonderland are blatant copies of Beastly. Dim even has the same voice. The Rat King in the Nutcracker special shares Beastly's voice and general characterization.
- Deranged Animation: One frame during the wizard's song shows his face deformed to freaky proportions.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Wonderland didn't have a princess in the books. It does here.
- Everything's Better with Sparkles: When the princess revives dying plants, it's done with a shower of sparkles.
- Garden Hose Squirt Surprise: Subverted in the credits. Bright Heart Raccoon is watering the flowers when the water stops. It turned out that Lotsa Heart Elephant had her foot on the hose which made the water stop, then she lifts her foot up again, causing the water to flow again. Bright Heart briefly looks in the hose before looking over to see Lotsa Heart walking away casually, just as the water then squirts out of the hose while Bright Heart was holding it away from himself.
- Green Thumb: Just a princess's touch can revive dying plants.
- Hair of Gold: The princess of Wonderland and Alice.
- Hannibal Lecture: The wizard gives this to Alice, convinced she can't impersonate the Princess properly.
- The Hat Makes the Man: The Mad Hatter's hats cause personality changes to the wearers.
- I Just Want to Be Special: The main characteristic of Alice.
- Pimped-Out Dress: The Princess of Wonderland has quite a few of course, so does the queen.
- Princess Classic: In Wonderland, a princess is so pure, there's a test for being a "true princess".
- ...Which a normal girl can apparently pass provided she fails by doing the right thing.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Again, the Wonderland princess, which rounds out her princess cliches.
- Rampage From a Nail: The Jabberwocky, who's in a state of crankiness due to a thorn stuck in his paw. With the combined effort of everyone, the thorn is removed, inciting the Jabberwocky's Heel Face Turn.
- Succession Crisis: Invoked Trope by the wizard kidnapping the princess before her coronation.
- Symbol Motif Clothing: The heart symbols on the regalia worn by the queen and princess of Wonderland.
- The Theme Park Version: Does this for Wonderland.
- True-Blue Femininity: One of the Princesses's fancy dresses is bright blue.
- Villain Song: "When I'm the King of Wonderland"