|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Call of Whatever is an ended webcomic that has fun with the Cthulhu mythos. Its archives can be found at http://tcow.comicgenesis.com/
This comic has examples of the following tropes
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering? : parodied in this strip
- Breaking the Fourth Wall
- Canada, Eh?
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: Walter
- Cosmic Horror Story: Has fun with the idea.
- Precious Puppies: Basquerville.
- Face Doodling: Apparently Hastur did this to Cthulhu.
- Or so Nyarlathotep claims.
- Fictional Document: The occasional pamphlets by Occultech on how to handle various things, summoning Eldritch Abominations to how not to look like a penguin.
- Gender Bender: Greg, who Nyarlathotep turned into a Misty lookalike in retaliation for being forced to do the Macarena.
- Insignificant Little Blue Planet: the Elder Gods haven't conquered earth because it's a resort world.
- Jerkass Gods: Nyarlathotep. Then humans start dicking around with him, which causes him to quit his jobs.
- Lovecraft Country: The comic takes place in Arkham.
- Lovecraft Lite
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Walter for Llaragh Kropht
- Mundane Utility: Black Magic is apparently good for making chili.
- Schedule Slip: Several times
- There Was a Door: Lampshaded twice by Nyarlathotep.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: The Necronomicon, amongst several others
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.