|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Bunny Perspective is a review show starring Phil Buni, a Henson-inspired bunny puppet with a love for pot and a quick wit, played by Michael Bennett. Phil usually focuses on good movies, although occasionally he will delve into the terrible.
- Accentuate the Negative: Inverted with most of his reviews, the exceptions being Gigli, Dream Catcher, The Condemned and Jeff Dunham's Christmas special.
- Acting for Two: Mike Bennett not only plays Phil, but also Barnabus the Dead Guy and High Flier, his persona on Livestream.
- Actually Pretty Funny: Ben Affleck's Internet-related insult in Gigli was the one funny line in the movie.
- April Fools' Day: For 2012, what was advertised as a Bunny Perspective episode on the movie Timecrimes ended up being the first episode of the long delayed "Goregasm" show... which was about Sex and the City 2.
- Berserk Button: In every negative review.
- Expy: A slightly less homicidally insane Max + Beer + Pot + A leather jacket.
- The Cameo:
- Oancitizen made a quick cameo in the Dreamcatcher review.
- Todd in the Shadows, OanCitizen, Some Jerk with a Camera, Cin Wicked and more do cameos in the They Might Be Giants review.
- He offers Marc Mues a rhyme in his Worst 6 Pop Songs of 2011 video.
- Linkara has a cameo in the The Good, the Bad, the Weird review.
- Christmas Episode: His review of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Crossover: With JewWario for the Sexy Famicom Moments video.
- Funny Background Event: In his review of "Michael", there is an ever-growing assortment of toys and figurines appearing behind him whenever he cuts back from a voiceover. He doesn't notice until the end of the video.
Phil: What the - Where'd these toys come from? They weren't here before!
- Fun with Acronyms: Mike's Stoned V-Logs feature a character called Creepy Uncle Monkey.
- Misaimed Fandom: His main problem with the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode of Glee is that the show simply doesn't get the message of the movie or of the individual songs.
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: Inverted: He criticizes Jeff Dunham for utilizing racism, sexism, homophobia, religious intolerance and what he calls "drug fear" while pretending to take a stand against PC. An example is in Dunham's Christmas special where he is greeted with thunderous applause after letting one of his puppets defend saying "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays". Phil Buni says that "Happy Holidays" encompasses both Christmas and New Year, and has nothing to do with PC, but also that showing respect to other religions should be self-evident.
- Surreal Horror: His review of The Signal...
- Surreal Theme Tune: Mike's brother wrote his theme song, which seems to be emulating the style of They Might Be Giants