The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes applying to both:
Michael Paul Brady
Carol Ann Brady (nee Tyler)
The Brady Boys
Tropes applying to all the boys
- Nice Guy: Sure, they could be rough around the edges and prone to mean tricks and smart-aleck remarks, but they were all good guys. Especially Peter.
- Missing Mom: Even mentioned in the pilot when Bobby is afraid Carol will be sad to see his birth mother's picture still sitting out.
- Hot for Teacher: In the season 1 episode "The Undergraduate"
- Team Dad: When it was just the kids in a situation.
- I Just Want to Be Special: "The Personality Kid".
- Middle Child Syndrome: In "Cyrano de Brady".
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In "The Liberation of Marcia Brady" when his brothers talked him into being a Sunflower Girl. He was less than pleased.
- Alliterative Name
- The Celebrity Lie: Claimed he was close friends with Joe Namath.
- Cheerful Child
- I Just Want to Be Special: An episode was devoted to him feeling useless because he was the only kid in his family without a trophy for winning first place at something.
- Mr. Imagination: Bobby had a lot of daydream sequences in the series
The Brady Girls
Tropes applying to all the girls
- Hair Decorations
- Hair of Gold: Even mentioned in the theme song
- Disappeared Dad: It's implied their mother was TV's first divorcee, but the network left it purposely ambiguous. At least one fan theory states he left Carol, then died.
- Girl Next Door
- Magic Skirt: Some of the skirts the girls wore in the later years were pretty tiny.
- The Ace
- Fragile Flower: In the first two seasons, she was quite prone to tears. Even as she grew out of it she still remained the most sensitive and easily rattled of the three girls.
- Girlish Pigtails: In the first season
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Quite often
- Team Mom: When it was just the kids in a situation
- You Go, Girl!: When she tried to join Greg's Frontier Scouts. She succeeded.
- Boyfriend In Canada: Her made-up boyfriend George Glass
- I Just Want to Be Special: Most of her spotlight episodes were this trope
- Middle Child Syndrome: Practically the poster girl for this trope
- Heroic Self-Deprecation
- Cheerful Child
- Companion Cube: Kitty Karry-All in season one.
- The Cutie: She was only really allowed to stop playing this role once Oliver came onto the scene to be the token Cute Kid...though there was the Shirley Temple episode.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Panty Shot: Had a few innocent ones in season one.
- The Butcher: Sam is a notable aversion of the trope's usual sinister connotations.
- Love Interest: To Alice
- Nice Guy: Always a good friend to the family.
- Recurring Character
- Cousin Oliver: The Trope Namer.
- Sidekick: Became this to Bobby and Cindy for a lot of their schemes in the last few episodes.
- Hates Baths: Did not like to be given a bath. Especially four times in a row!
- Heroes Love Dogs
- Tropey Come Home: The episode "Tiger! Tiger!"
- What Happened to the Mouse?: His "wife" and puppies from the episode "Tiger! Tiger!". Later fell victim to this himself.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The girls' pet cat, he/she disappeared after the pilot episode. It's believed by fans that she went to live with the girls' grandparents after the disaster at the wedding proved a cat couldn't live in the same house as Tiger.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.