The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Tropes applying to both:
Michael Paul Brady
Carol Ann Brady (nee Tyler)
The Brady Boys
Tropes applying to all the boys
- Nice Guy: Sure, they could be rough around the edges and prone to mean tricks and smart-aleck remarks, but they were all good guys. Especially Peter.
- Missing Mom: Even mentioned in the pilot when Bobby is afraid Carol will be sad to see his birth mother's picture still sitting out.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Girls were one of his primary interests throughout the series. One episode even had him sticking his belongings in the freezer due to being in a daze over a hot girl.
- Hot for Teacher: In the season 1 episode "The Undergraduate"
- Likes Older Women: In addition to crushing on his teacher, he's also tried to ask out a few older girls here and there.
- Team Dad: When it was just the kids in a situation.
- I Just Want to Be Special: "The Personality Kid".
- Middle Child Syndrome: In "Cyrano de Brady".
- Wholesome Crossdresser: In "The Liberation of Marcia Brady" when his brothers talked him into being a Sunflower Girl. He was less than pleased.
- Alliterative Name
- The Celebrity Lie: Claimed he was close friends with Joe Namath.
- Cheerful Child
- I Just Want to Be Special: An episode was devoted to him feeling useless because he was the only kid in his family without a trophy for winning first place at something.
- Mr. Imagination: Bobby had a lot of daydream sequences in the series
- The Napoleon: The smallest and youngest of the Brady boys, several instances had him wanting to outshine his brothers. Especially Greg.
The Brady Girls
Tropes applying to all the girls
- Hair Decorations
- Hair of Gold: Even mentioned in the theme song
- Disappeared Dad: It's implied their mother was TV's first divorcee, but the network left it purposely ambiguous. At least one fan theory states he left Carol, then died.
- Girl Next Door
- Magic Skirt: Some of the skirts the girls wore in the later years were pretty tiny.
- The Ace
- Fragile Flower: In the first two seasons, she was quite prone to tears. Even as she grew out of it she still remained the most sensitive and easily rattled of the three girls.
- Girlish Pigtails: In the first season
- Smitten Teenage Girl: Quite often
- Team Mom: When it was just the kids in a situation
- You Go, Girl!: When she tried to join Greg's Frontier Scouts. She succeeded.
- Boyfriend In Canada: Her made-up boyfriend George Glass
- Hollywood Homely: Justified due to the character going through puberty from seasons 2-4. By the fifth season she's grown up into a real looker.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Most of her spotlight episodes were this trope
- Middle Child Syndrome: Practically the poster girl for this trope
- Heroic Self-Deprecation
- Cheerful Child
- Companion Cube: Kitty Karry-All in season one.
- The Cutie: She was only really allowed to stop playing this role once Oliver came onto the scene to be the token Cute Kid...though there was the Shirley Temple episode.
- Girlish Pigtails: First the cute little corkscrew curls, then she graduated to braids in season four. She only started wearing her hair completely down in the last few episodes of the final season.
- Panty Shot: Had a few innocent ones in season one.
- The Butcher: Sam is a notable aversion of the trope's usual sinister connotations.
- Love Interest: To Alice
- Nice Guy: Always a good friend to the family.
- Recurring Character
- Cousin Oliver: The Trope Namer.
- Sidekick: Became this to Bobby and Cindy for a lot of their schemes in the last few episodes.
- Hates Baths: Did not like to be given a bath. Especially four times in a row!
- Heroes Love Dogs
- Tropey Come Home: The episode "Tiger! Tiger!"
- What Happened to the Mouse?: His "wife" and puppies from the episode "Tiger! Tiger!". Later fell victim to this himself.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The girls' pet cat, he/she disappeared after the pilot episode. It's believed by fans that she went to live with the girls' grandparents after the disaster at the wedding proved a cat couldn't live in the same house as Tiger.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.