|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Tom of all people gets one in "Tom, Sarah, and Usher." Sarah meets Usher, falls in love, then kicks Tom out of the house, who then stays with Huey's family. They call in A Pimp Named Slickback to help him. Tom goes to the place Sarah is meeting Usher and he then calls her a bitch, tells her to get her ass in the car, and, instead of pimp-smacking her like Slickback had been telling him to, he bitch slaps Usher.
- Uncle Ruckus' (No Relation) song in "The Garden Party".
- Uncle Ruckus' racial-slur laced (more so than usual, and with a far greater variety) tirade about the "n-word" in "The S-Word".
- Huey's monologue in "The Trial Of Robert Kelly"
Huey: What the hell is wrong with you people? Every famous nigga that gets arrested is not Nelson Mandela. Yes, the government conspires to put a lot of innocent men in jail off of fallacious charges. But R. Kelly is not one of those men. We all know the nigga can sing, but what happened to standards? What happened to bare minimums? You a fan of R. Kelly? You wanna help R. Kelly? Then get some counseling for R. Kelly. Introduce him to some older women. Hide his camcorder, but don't pretend like the man is a hero.
- Huey leaves... then immediately comes back.*
Huey: And stop the damn dancing! Act like you got some goddamn sense, people. Damn. Done playing around here.
- Robert stopping A Pimp Named Slickback's hand with his belt in "Guess Hoe's Coming To Dinner".
Granddad: You ain' gonna hit no woman in my house!
A Pimp Named Slickback: What woman, sir? This here's a hoe!
Granddad: Not in this house, she's not.
- Zatoichi in Hueys dream in "Grandads Fight".
- Ed Wuncler III & Gin Rummy in "A Date With The Health Inspector", because Evil Is Cool.
- Series creator & Writer Aaron McGruder putting the gay in Gayngster in "The Story Of Gangstalicious" and "The Story Of Gangstalicious, Part 2", thus exposing the rap industry's hypocrisy.
- Huey's teacher putting on Huey's play, exactly as he had written it, in "A Huey Freeman Christmas". He teacher even gets rewarded by getting to teach in college.
- His teacher wasn't exactly rewarded. He was fired. Then got a job teaching at college.
- Huey mind screwing the viewers in "The Real".
- Ed Wuncler's Batman Gambit in "The Itis".
- Huey in "Let's Nab Oprah" making the Black Power Fist & fighting an afro samurai.
- Riley's teacher and his Crazy Awesome antics in "Riley Wuz Here".
- Uncle Ruckus dodging over a hundred bullets in "The Block Is Hot" and still acting like it was no big deal.
- The awesome freeze frame of Huey and Uncle Ruckus at the end of "... Or Die Trying".
- Tom smacking Usher at the end of "Tom, Sarah, And Usher"... after A Pimp Called Slickback told Tom to "hit the bitch".
- Ed Wuncler III & Gin Rummy stealing Riley's bike at the end of "Thank You For Not Snitching".
- Stinkmeaner being proclaimed "... the meanest motherfucker that Hell had ever seen." and then calling the devil himself a "BITCH-ASS NYUKKA!!!" in "Stinkmeaner Strikes Back".
- The three-on-one fight involving Huey, Robert and Riley versus Stinkmeaner possessing Tom.
- Thugnificent recording "Eff Grandad" in "The Story Of Thugnificent".
- The autistic kid at the end of "Ballin'".
- Huey and Riley's epic BB gunfight in "Home Alone".
- Robert's and Uncle Ruckus' versions of "The Story Of Catcher Freeman".
- In the Alternate Universe episode "Return Of The King", Martin Luther King Jr. returns to life in 2000 after thirty-two years of being in a coma after being shot. He finds himself disgusted with modern African-American culture, particularly things like BET and Soul Plane. He decides to have a public event to address his concerns, but it is hijacked by an urban promotion firm and turned into a wild party, complete with rap music and fights. After attempting to get the crowd's attention, he finally shouts out the one thing that will make them listen.
Martin Luther King Jr.: WILL YOU IGNORANT NIGGAS PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP?!
- crowd goes completely silent, in a state of shock*
Person in crowd: Did he just say what I think he said?
Martin Luther King Jr.: Is this it? This is what I got all those ass-whoopings for? I had a dream once. It was a dream that little black boys and little black girls would drink from the river of prosperity, freed from the thirst of oppression. But lo' and behold, some four decades later, what have I found but a bunch of trifling, shiftless, good-for-nothing niggas. And I know you some of you don't want to hear me say that word -- it's the ugliest word in the English language. But that's what I see now -- niggas. And you don't want to be a nigga. Because niggas are living contradictions. Niggas are full of unfulfilled ambitions. Niggas wax and wane. Niggas love to complain. Niggas love to hear themselves talk but hate to explain. Niggas love being another man's judge and jury. Niggas procrastinate until it's time to worry. Niggas love to be late. Niggas hate to hurry! [...] Black Entertainment Television is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life! [...] Usher, Michael Jackson is NOT a genre of music! [...] And now I'd like to talk about Soul Plane. [...] I've seen what's around the corner. I've seen what's over the horizon and I promise you, you niggas have nothing to celebrate! And no, I won't get there with you. I'm going to Canada.
- "The Passion Of Uncle Ruckus":
- Huey, who had been portrayed as an atheist the entire episode finally breaks down upon the realization that he's only a kid who can't do everything. With nowhere else to turn, he breaks down and prays:
Huey: I've never prayed before. I don't even know who I'm praying to. I may be too young to know what the world is supposed to be, but it's not supposed to be this. It can't be this. So please...
- Ruckus giving a passionate racist speech during a lightning storm.
Uncle Ruckus: Now let us pray. Lord, I have spent my whole life hatin' you for makin' me black. And now I see I must hate myself and all those like me, and cause them misery just like your savior Ronald Reagan did. And if any of my words don't come directly from the almighty God himself, then may I be struck by lightnin' right this very instant! Halle-- *gets struck by lightning*
- Shabazz's execution is happening while Ruckus is making that speech. It turns into a double CMoA when the same lightning bolt that strikes Ruckus shuts down the power to the electric chair long enough for the governor's call to come through.
- "You know, we could all be reading a book now."
- "THEN, YOU GOT KICKED IN YO CHEST!"
- "The Red Ball":
- The Woodcrest team replace the crooked ref with their own crooked ref - Uncle Ruckus. He's just as bad to the Chinese as he is to African-Americans.
- Huey does not like getting laughed at. Also, he can speak Chinese.
- The final confrontation between Huey and Ming.
- "A Date With the Booty Warrior":
- Tom coming back for the kids twice and standing up to The Booty Warrior, especially after 20 some years of fear of being prison raped.
Tom: MY BOOTY BALONGS TO ME! YOU CANNOT TAKE MY BOOOOTY!
- Huey stating exactly what the prison-industrial complex is and how it is wrong.
- The Booty Warrior in the opening with Chris Hanson, just for the way he was completely calm and collected.
- Riley's fight in "Smokin' with Cigarettes" against a big sociopathic kid. The only fight he actually wins.
- "The Fundraiser":
- A big Crowning Moment of Awesome for Riley's particular, let's say, organizing skills.
- Riley's "fuck your X" speech, also doubling as a Crowning Moment of Funny.
Riley: Fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck those socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy fagot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room and if I see you on the street I'm slapping the shit out of you
- In "The Trial of R.Kelly" Riley wins in a argument against Tom. A fucking district attorney.
- Sergent Gutter's response video to Thugnificent in "From Bitches to Rags".
- Thugnificent's Take That rant against Sgt. Gutter was pretty awesome too.
- "The Fried Chicken Flu":
- The tear gas scene.
- Thugnificent saving the Freeman and Dubois families from Betty's militia. Quite remarkable since earlier in the episode, he was kicked out of Robert's house for making out with Tina, Robert's "friend".
- Uncle Ruckus gets one for his speech calling out his father, combined with a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming for finding out that he loves and is proud of the rest of his just-as-black-as-him family.
- For what it's worth, MF DOOM and/or Madlib being on ANY show is pretty damn awesome. Remember all caps when you spell the man' name.
- "It's Goin Down" is full of these:
- Ruckuss suplexing the annoying security guard.
- Huey hyjacking the bus.
- When Jack gives Ed Sr. three seconds he calmly says "That's more than enough time". Then the phone rings and it's the fucking president, who gets Jack to stop. Wow.
- Thelma Freeman's attack against the slave plantation. They should make a serious spin-off series about her life, she was so cool!
- "What? You think you the only one to learn the ancient and deadly art of the Nunchaku?"
- A whole lot from the comic:
Mr. Petto: Thank you, Mr. Caesar. Now if you would kindly return to your-
Caesar: FRESH for 01' you SUCKAS!!!
Mr. Petto: Mr. Caesar, how many times have I told you that a simple "the end" will suffice?
Caesar: That's okay, Mr. Petto, I don't mind putting in the extra effort.
Caesar: Heading out for Halloween after all, huh?
Huey: Yeah, I'm going as "Justice" to try and relieve some stress.
Caesar: Justice? I don't get it.
Huey: It basically means I'm rollin' up on anyone dressed like G.W. Bush or Jar Jar Binks and knocking them the $%@* !! out...
Caesar: That should make you a big hit at the party. Pun intended.
Huey: JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED!! IT'S REVOLUTION TIME!!!
- An entire arc is dedicated to Riley getting his hair braided to match the show. Since Grandad won't let him, Riley in acts a Xanatos Gambit. He spends the entire arc causing trouble around the neighborhood. Since he has a fro, he looks exactly like Huey, who ends up taking the fall for all of Riley's actions. At the end, Riley manages to use reverse psychology on Grandad to allow his hair to get braided. If nothing else, he gets to cause trouble while getting into any himself.
- Huey calling the Department of Homeland Security to inform them of key Bush Administration members involvement funding and training Osama bin Laden and the Taliban.
- Aaron McGruder's response to the criticism people started giving him for addressing 9/11 only weeks after it happened. To get a pre-emptive strike on the Executive Meddling he was sure would come he replaced The Boondocks with "The Adventures Of Flagee and Ribbon", which according to the editors note provided was replacing The Boondocks as "a hilariously new patriotic offering". Let's just say he wasn't pullin' any punches.