|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Does the "friend" from "Happy Birthday" actually exist, or is he just the hallucinatory manifestation of the speaker's homicidal urges?
- "Kill the Lights": Deeply cynical song about how fairy tales are all fake, but we have to pretend that they're real so we don't realise how depressing our world really is and commit suicide, or a simple breakup song comparing the story of two lovers to fairy tales and how it didn't work out, unlike the tales?
- Crazy Awesome: Rainbow
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: this troper has heard of a video showing Chibi warming up by singing "Through The Fire And Flames" with Owen dancing crazily in the background. Unfortunately, the video was taken down.
- Hell hath no fury like a pissed-off Chibi.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: This video.
- Chibi tries to convince an interviewer to take up knitting.
- The scene in the video for "Looking Glass" where Chibi leads 6 to the teacher- 6 is shuffling down the hallway while the band walk around her, trashing the corridor- it's hilarious, really.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: just about every damn song.
- Subjective of course but: "Red Stars" for the ethereal vocals and Epic Riff, "Holiday" for the tune, "Remember Me" for the poignancy, "Blue" for the epic Mood Whiplash, and "Looking Glass" for being so damn catchy.
- Have Audiosurf? Have Nowhere? Play them together, the result is a bit
- "And for the first time, she feels, just... fine." Cue the epic ending.
- Ear Worm: Once you hear the opening riff to "Happy Birthday", you know you'll be hearing it in your head for days to come...
- "Red" is so hard to get out of your head. Damn it!
- This troper has woken up four times with clips from Pins and Needles playing in her head.
- Epic Riff: "Nothing and Nowhere", "To Die For", "Blue", "The Dream", "Video Kid", "Science", "Always", "In the Dark", "Sleepwalking", "Sideways", "Two Hearts", "Pale"... the list goes on.
- Face of the Band: Chibi
- Fan Community Nickname: 'Violet Prisoners' or 'Murder Tramps'
- Fandom Rivalry: The Violet Prisoners versus the BVB Army. It began when TBM did an American tour with three other bands: Black Veil Brides, Aural Vampire and Dommin. While the Violet Prisoners were delighted with Aural Vampire and Dommin, the general consensus was that BVB sucked and shouldn't be on the tour. Nobody liked their music and there was a lot of disdain for their fans. Things got heated when the tour turned from a TBM-headlining tour to a TBM and BVB co-headlining tour. Despite Chibi and Rhim attempting to calm the fans down, hatred for BVB got worse when news came in from concert-goers about Andy Biersack's bad behaviour. After that, the fans agreed that the rest of BVB were all right (despite the bad music) and focused their hatred on Andy, which accelerated when one V Per reported that Andy had exposed himself to the audience (which included many teenage girls) and especially after a rumour circulated that Andy had insulted Chibi. Finally, the tour ended, but the V Pers aren't going to stop hating BVB and their fans for a while.
- Fridge Brilliance: This Troper always felt that the vocal part of "Nevermind" ended rather abruptly, as if it needed another verse and chorus instead of the last instrumental part. Then they realised the last line of the song is "Has left me nothing kind to say." If you've got nothing kind to say, don't say anything at all!
- Memetic Molester: the teacher in "Looking Glass".
- Memetic Mutation: Ending sentences with 'And if you don't like it, fuck you!'
has becomeused to be a meme on their forum.
- Nightmare Fuel: "Blue" and "Looking Glass".
- TBM's Nightmare Fuel is intensified by the fact that occasionally, Chibi sounds like a prepubescent girl. With songs like "Under The Stairs" and "Blue", that freaks a lot of people out and gives the songs a very nasty edge.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.