|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The Big Breakfast was a early morning light entertainment show. Channel 4's answer to ITV's 'GMTV' and the BBC's more new based shows. Set entirely in an old Lock Keepers' Cottage it was a mix of news, gossip, weather and humor. Originally the show's presenters where Chris Evans and Gaby Roslin but after two years on the show Evans left which left the show in a bit of a turmoil with Mark Little, Paul Ross, Richard Orford and Keith Chegwin all attempting to fill his shoes at one point or another. With dwindling viewers the show got a revamp. On relaunch Johnny Vaughan and Denise van Outen where the next hosts, Van Outon left being replaced with Kelly Brook then Liza Tarbuck before returning to the show. Then in 2001 both Vaughan and Van Outen quit together being replaced by Richard Bacon, Paul Tonkinson, Amanda Byram and Simon Feilder. The show lost its appeal and was canceled in March 2002.
Notable other personalities involved in the series are;
- Bob Geldof; part owner of the production studio that made the series and also interviewed a couple of times on the show.
- Zig And Zag; puppets that often interviewed quests.
- Johnny Vegas
- Trevor Baylis; the inventor of the wind-up radio would talk about inventions and new gadgets.
Provides Examples Of:
- Flyaway Shot: The end-credits sequence, which is the Title Sequence in reverse.
- Hurricane of Puns: A regular feature called "The Pun Down", which listed the best headline puns from that day's newspapers.