|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
In this one, Barbie and her friends are a Garage Band; the main action takes place at her school.
And, as in any American high school, there is the Alpha Bitch, who is in this case named Raquelle. As the movie opens, Barbie receives the position of Raquelle's official toady for the school TV news show. And, as usual, Barbie has a crush on Raquelle's boyfriend, Todd, who she thinks is her Secret Admirer. Luck turns to Barbie's side for once, and Todd not only breaks up with Raquelle, but also hooks up with Barbie in the same day. This leads to a rise in popularity for Barbie and she effectively dumps her own friends in favour of developing a Girl Posse with members stolen from Raquelle.
This movie contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Raquelle, and Barbie in the middle.
- Applied Phlebotinum: The diary.
- Continuity Snarl: It's the only Barbie movie not made by Rainmaker Studios, so good luck fitting it in with the current Barbie canon
- High School Dance: The climax and ending of the movie.
- The Little Shop That Wasn't There Yesterday: A variant: In this case, it's not the shop but the girl behind the counter, although Raquelle does know her name.
- Les Yay: Tia and Courtney seem to be very close...
- Love Letter Lunacy: Barbie thinks her secret admirer is Todd, but it turns out to be Kevin
- Merchandise-Driven: Obviously, but the bracelet and diary stand out.
- Power Trio: Barbie, Tia, Courtney.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Kevin.
- Wish Fulfillment: The diary does this for Barbie.