|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
One element in the TV series not previously featured in the comics was that Archie led a bubble gum rock quintet: He and Reggie were guitarists, Betty was the tambourinist, Veronica was the keyboardist, Jughead was the drummer and Hot Dog, Jughead's canine pet, was the conductor. The Archies released several singles and albums; one of their songs, "Sugar Sugar", was a major hit.
Spin-offs and successor series included:
- Sabrina and The Groovie Goolies, which centered on Riverdale's teenage witch, her two aunts and the denizens of Horrible Hall
- Archie's Fun House, which featured a Giant Jukebox and a live-action audience of children
- Archie's TV Funnies, which featured animated adaptations of newspaper comic strips such as Dick Tracy
- The U.S. of Archie, in which identical ancestors of Archie and his friends participated in American historical events
- Archie's Weird Mysteries, which follows Archie and his friends encountering supernatural weirdness in Riverdale
- Animated Adaptation
- Canon Immigrant: The comic books incorporated the characters' band, "The Archies," into continuity, and it has remained ever since.
- Everybody Do the Endless Loop
- Limited Wardrobe
- Stock Footage: Especially during musical segments, which mix animation with a handful of stock film clips of an audience of kids clapping, laughing, bopping around in their seats, etc., none of which ever seem to be even remotely synced to the animation.
This page needs more trope entries. You can help this wiki by adding more entries or expanding current ones.