The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Awesome Music: Mr. Robinson's performance at the end of "The Debt".
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Since Gumball was naive sand optimistic in the first season and sarcastic and cynical in the others, did he get this new attitude because of how he was mistreated?
- Did Nicole's parents not attend the wedding because she disappointed them or they thought she was still mad at them?
- "She's a lady, a fine lady!"
- "You gotta think big, think small!"
- "Warrior, Be The Warrior!"
- Dude, Not Funny: Played with. When Miss Simian drives over an unfinished bridge, Richard tries to cut a lighthearted Bond One-Liner and Gumball, Anais, and Darwin all chuckle along. Then Nicole reminds them that she might be seriously injured...which leads to Richard cutting another joke...and then Nicole telling them to stop again...and then another one.
- Ear Worm: The theme song is pretty catchy, including the wonky music being played in the credits.
- "Yes/No Continue?" will worm its way into your head and never ever leave.
- "The Bacteria Song."
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Even before her debut in "The Ghost", Carrie has always had quite a large fanbase.
- Gumball's mom, Nicole, garnered a lot of fans after her reaction in "The DVD".
- Rachel, who only had one major role and is likely not appearing in another afterwards, has gained quite a bit of fan art and fan fiction; usually relating to her relationship with Darwin.
- Family-Unfriendly Aesop:
- According to the end of "The DVD," sometimes you have to face the consequences of your actions and sometimes you just RUN!
- According to the end of "The Responsible", when in doubt, blame the internet.
- "The Painting": If you have a Dysfunctional Family, it's best that you don't do anything about it, because trying to fix it will always end in failure.
- Fanon: Many fan-artists depict Penny as a deer when not in her shell.
- Ho Yay: In "Responsible", Darwin keeps Gumball from drowning by breathing into his mouth via kiss, similarly to the two love interests in Waterworld. Though, in Gumball's defense, he was visibly against it.
- "The Third" was essentially a friendship-affair plot, complete with the two "getting back together." Just replace every mention of a game with...other things, complete with "It didn't mean anything!" and "He's playing video games with my best friend!"
- Gumball has been told "Go to him" twice in reference to Darwin.
- Darwin falls in love with Gumball when he wears a wedding dress in "The Dress". To the point where he is actually stalking him, collecting sweat and generally being a Stalker with a Crush. This culminates in Darwin confessing his love on a roller coaster. And this is without mentioning the whole "I want more kids!" sequence.
- In "The Pressure", when Tobias and Banana Joe cut down the treehouse, Darwin and Gumball, with eyes closed, accidentally kiss each other, thinking they're kissing Penny and Masami. The kicker? They both liked it.
- "The Prank" takes it up just as much as well, as Darwin calms Gumball's hyperventilating by patting his head, then uses his fins to rub around his head, then kisses him on the cheek.
- In "The Goons", Larry accidentally proposes to Richard (he was talking to his girlfriend when Richard picked him up in a 'dumb race'). Richard replies, "This is so sudden! I'm not saying no, I'm not saying no!" followed by a montage of Richard wandering around the park in thought.
- During a chase scene in "The Wand", Richard casts a 'love spell' on Gumball and Darwin to try and slow them down. To make Richard believe that the wand actually works, romantic music plays in the background while Gumball wiggles his eyebrows at Darwin.
- Jerkass Woobie:
- Tina certainly counts as one after "The Quest."
- Carrie after "The Ghost."
- Memetic Mutation: "NO! IT'S NOT!"
- Most Annoying Sound: 'GUMBAAAAALLLL!!!' (cue loud feedback)
- Toy Ship: Gumball and Penny
- Ugly Cute: Gumball and Darwin certainly think so about Kenneth, their "son". At least before he starts growing to tremendous proportions after eating people alive.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Quite a few female characters lack any Tertiary Sexual Characteristics, making it very hard to what gender they are.
- What makes it even more confusing is that some of the male characters have feminine eyelashes, such as Darwin and Alan.
- The most prominent male example of this is the apparently male Leslie. To add to the confusion, Leslie's in Masami's treehouse with the girls in "The Pressure". Then again, most plants have both male and female reproductive organs.
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Arguably, the entire show, but special mention goes to the opening.
- The Woobie: Gumball and Darwin at times.
- Back to The Amazing World of Gumball
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.